Sit back and have a good........

Skye

Maybe you must get confronted by an very peed of individual driving a Bmw. It is one fight you are going to lose.

Like I said, I drive a BMW!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a solution not to have rolling road closures for the racing groups (Elites, VA, VB & ladies).......only for bigger races like Burger and in smaller provincial league races limit the size of the entries for these groups......make it more "difficult" to be a racer. I race in Sub-Vets regularly and this season the reason i.m.o. why there was no white line crossing was a) much smaller bunch than usual (summer league) and b) not as hard as summer league (less surging).....top guys raced Elites for Spring. On Sunday in VA I didn't see any white line crossing to be honest (photo's was the first), but it usually happens when bunches are big with lots of "concertina" effect or surges where the back of the bunch guys suffer the most and through cause & effect are "forced" (if that's logical) to do anything to stay in touch........even putting their lives in danger (ALL racers get into Pantani mode when racing and safety is removed from the equation........I have also been guilty in the past).  Either rolling road closures or full closures for "bigger" races I see as the best option......my 5c.

BTW In effect, our VA bunch had a sort of rolling closure on Sunday on the R44 on the way back with a Metro cop car in the oncoming lane forcing cars off the road.......worked like a charm; would have been perfect for the whole route. Please note that my posting is not endorsing the white line crossing ......I just trying to offer solutions.

thanks pantani it was that exact thread that got me hubbing WinkWink was looking for my results and was peed off cos they were with held so i clicked on the link and the rest is history LOL 

everyone has ther own opinion and has the right to comment so be it .

Just take time and think of what you are doing and what the consequences might be. My opinion is that the " seasoned " riders will take more chances than us rookies who wont dare to do things like that.

but that is only my thoughts .I have been in some close calls in my life and have come very very very close to death so I know what I am talking about . When you are being shot at it makes you think what the **** have I done.

ag well life goes on just enjoy and make the most of it whilst you are here for this short time cos you never know when it might be your last day.

take it easy guys and you lot who crossed the line a year ago thanks if it was not for you i would not be hubbing here tonite.Wink  

I am not phased that my position is in direct opposition to popular opinion' date=' but I will be outspoken about it, rather than hide behind a veil of muted, false homage to road safety.
[/quote']Or you just enjoy being otherwise and think it's cute.

Nope... hardly, I think what got me fired up was a bunch of blokes riding up a mountain in a race I wasn't even riding in being flamed for crossing the white line....

Now, I know it's wrong, but I can relate to where they coming from! Wink

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the crux of this whole saga!

Exactly the point!  It is your choice.  YOU do it because YOU want to.  No one is forcing you.  If you get DQ'd or killed it's your own stupid fault.

end of story.

Now go and watch channel 110 "Go Channel".  Miss teen USA is on and it has LOADS of deep insightful speeches just like Pantani's. 

The problem with crossing the white line is not that only you put yourself in a dangerous situation but all the riders within the white line as well.

When a car swerves to avoid poepol on the wrong side of the road he might end up going into the main bunch. So its not just about yourself you are through your idiotic gestures putting other peoples lives at risk, and when you put my life(while abiding to the rules) at risk your a f**king idiot!!!!

Its not just about people at the top its starts on the ground, the guys race for peanuts anyway, but then again you know what they say about monkeys dont you.

Now go and watch channel 110 "Go Channel".  Miss teen USA is on and it has LOADS of deep insightful speeches just like Pantani's. 

BwahahahahahahaLOL How dare you insinuate that I have the depth of a Teenage Beauty pageant Contestant!!!! ClapClapClap

sponsored by no fear or no brains?

You should have the title of wannabe pro.

Bwahahahaha... ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap Good one... I like that...

Hey Pantani - I don't see you getting a lot of support from the huge no.s on the Hub who break the rules in the exact way you explain so clearly.

To me, it's a shame that the guy who articulates the reasons why this happens & sees it from the inside is the guy who takes all the flak.

Of course what happens in races is not right when they ride like this but racers will not police themselves, including the pro teams.

It sets up another question.  Either don't race on open roads or have an organization strong enough to deal effectively with misdemeanours. But forget the wailing and gnashing of teeth at people going over the white line - this is what they will always do in a poorly-regulated race situation.

Pantani, to me, is just being honest about these ugly happenings.

BwahahahahahahaLOL How dare you insinuate that I have the depth of a Teenage Beauty pageant Contestant!!!! ClapClapClap

Hey man, you have NOTHING on the cliche's they come up with!  You ASPIRE to be a beauty and style queen!LOLWink

Joe Low, I have no issue with being publicly flamed, but the way I was raised, and schooled, I call a spade a spade... I also have the confidence to speak out on issues that might not represent popular opinion, a position some Hubbers misconstrue as having "2 brain cells" and "no brains". Rightly or wrongly I have stated my position and will continue to engage in lively debate surrounding that position... Embarrassed

Pantani' date=' to me, is just being honest about these ugly happenings.

[/quote']

Exactly. AND he is the only one who did'nt resort to playing the man, but stuck to the ball. (Sorry - don't know the cycling equivalent to this one)

The problem with crossing the white line is not that only you put yourself in a dangerous situation but all the riders within the white line as well.

When a car swerves to avoid poepol on the wrong side of the road he might end up going into the main bunch. So its not just about yourself you are through your idiotic gestures putting other peoples lives at risk' date=' and when you put my life(while abiding to the rules) at risk your a f**king idiot!!!!

Its not just about people at the top its starts on the ground, the guys race for peanuts anyway, but then again you know what they say about monkeys dont you.
[/quote']

Point taken, but does everyone in the Elite peleton feel like this when they cross the white line? Are they sitting there thinking, "Nolan you w**ker, you're putting our lives at risk?"

Hey Pantani - I don't see you getting a lot of support from the huge no.s on the Hub who break the rules in the exact way you explain so clearly.

To me' date=' it's a shame that the guy who articulates the reasons why this happens & sees it from the inside is the guy who takes all the flak.

Of course what happens in races is not right when they ride like this but racers will not police themselves, including the pro teams.

It sets up another question.  Either don't race on open roads or have an organization strong enough to deal effectively with misdemeanours. But forget the wailing and gnashing of teeth at people going over the white line - this is what they will always do in a poorly-regulated race situation.

Pantani, to me, is just being honest about these ugly happenings.

[/quote']

O wow, why don't you just stick your head WAAAAAAAAAY up Pantani's butt crack?!  Suck it baby, yeah! 

The problem is exactly that everyone wants to be a 'real' racer and believe the crap that a 'real' racer doe swhatever it takes and nod along with a knowing wink and a smile.  Herd mentality bru.  We unfortunately live in a country where we do not have the car drivers on our side and we really should do all to preserve our racing environment.  and if that means we have to sacrifice the right of the road (I mean 'not the left'!), then maybe we should grow up.  If the Vets can do it then the kiddies in the League can too.  No, really they can!  ...but hey, it's much cooler to stick your finger up to authority when you are an 'inside guy'.

Anyway, mis Congeniality is mis Mississippi  (wow that's a lot of miss!)

..and miss Photogenic is Maryland!  (not a blondCry)