Kit ordering over the Net

Wayne R

Has anyone ever ordered any kit from http://www.cycle-jersey.net before? Im wanting to get a new kit and they seem pretty reasonable. Kit (Top and Bib shorts)+ Worldwide shipping + Customs (which Ive heard is about 45%) works out to just shy of R600. Are there other online stores (local or Int) that you guys recommend? I dont really want to go the Rapid Sport / Anatomic guys (Nothing wrong, just not great designs) but dont want to pay R1500 from other retailers.

They sell knock-off of pro kit. Not replicas but knock-offs. The shammy is apparently okayish but he sizing is off.

Yeah, be careful with these kits, while the quality isnt too bad, the sizes are asian sizes so a fair bit smaller and the "replicas" arent exact copies in most cases so riding down the road, the guys around you will know you're wearing the fake stuff :rolleyes:

Guest Omega Man

Just don't buy the rainbow stripes one. Only losers buy and wear rainbow stripes.

Me, I would like to get the BMC team kit from Hincapie. Prices in USD don't look too bad, but that 45% import duty is going to be the killer.

I wonder if they can't hide it in a water bottle. :o

Has anyone ever ordered any kit from http://www.cycle-jersey.net before? Im wanting to get a new kit and they seem pretty reasonable. Kit (Top and Bib shorts)+ Worldwide shipping + Customs (which Ive heard is about 45%) works out to just shy of R600. Are there other online stores (local or Int) that you guys recommend? I dont really want to go the Rapid Sport / Anatomic guys (Nothing wrong, just not great designs) but dont want to pay R1500 from other retailers.

Some feedback for you Wayne

I've been looking for kit as well. Been to a few shops around CT, Olympic, Bridge, cyclelab

On average you will pay R1200-R1600 for original bibs and R700-R900 for a top, Quality is good but personally I wont pay that much either. Just got back from anatomic factory shop and there is nothing you will like.

I came across cycling-jersey.net and decided to take a chance knowing that it is not original. Cost came to 56 dollars with delivery. I placed a order on the 29 Aug and yesterday my credit card was debited with R405 and I received a tracking no via email. I am interested to see if this is legit and how it compares to other original kits in terms of quality.

I bought an imported CSC kit from CWC a few yrs back and after many miles that chamios still looks new and material nice and soft. So the quality kits come at a price.

My friend ordered a 2011 BMC top from all4cycling.com. It cost him 79 euros. They hit him heavy with customs and express delivery in 1 week. You can clearly see this is an original, top quality made by Hincapie sportswear