Calling all White Line Crossers

Pantani

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to race, every Elite rider out there wants to race, am I wrong in pursuing a solution? Does that warrant the label reckless and dangerous? Aren't I here providing different scenarios to get people thinking, to stimulate debate and hopefully someone involved in this sport will have a light bulb moment?

Sure, safety is of paramount importance, but there is clearly a need to devise a way that racers can race to the maximum within an environment that caters for their safety. Individuals out of the racing crossing white lines is not acceptable.

So, let the heckling and abuse continue, as me, I will continue to probe because I believe there is a solution, nothing is impossible, just dare to try...

Ja  hierdie gesprek sal nog vir baie jare aangaan. As spanbestuurder en voormalige fietsryer keur ek dit glad nie goed dat n fietsryer teen n opdraend en n afdraend aan die verkeerde kant van die pad ry nie.

My span is ook skuldig daaraan maar as die organiesserders die topryers wil kry om te ry en aan die borge se hoe goed en groot die wedren gaan word dan moet hulle sekerlik n plan doen om die pad gesluit te kry.

Ek sien geen probleem dat die ryers van tyd tot tyd aan die verkeerde kant van die pad ry as daar n " gutter " is nie mits dit gelykpad is en mits daar geen aankomende verkeer is nie.  

Ek het al baie wedrenne gereel en weet wat se hel die organiseerders party keer kry maar waarom kan die beamtes nie n voertuig met n rooi vlag 250 m voor die bondel laat ry nie en vra net vir die verkeer om stadig te ry. Dit was al die jare gedoen tydens die Rapport toer , Boland Bank toer, Allied en self vanjaar tydens die Toer van die Boland. Hier swel Hendrik se kop alweer. 

Riding on the wrong side of the road with no road closure is just plain stupid. No race is worth anybody's life, no sponsorship is worth it. Cyclist who disobey road rules, even in a race, are doing nothing more than worsening their already bad reputation. There may even come a day when road officials ban cycle races entirely.

To save a few seconds by crossing the line, not only endagers yourself, but those people (on the correct side) that get hit by a swerving vehicle.

Total road closure is not always possible, so if everybody (including the pros) keep to the correct side of the road, the playing fields are level.

Riding on the wrong side of the road with no road closure is just plain stupid. No race is worth anybody's life' date=' no sponsorship is worth it. Cyclist who disobey road rules, even in a race, are doing nothing more than worsening their already bad reputation. There may even come a day when road officials ban cycle races entirely.

To save a few seconds by crossing the line, not only endagers yourself, but those people (on the correct side) that get hit by a swerving vehicle.

Total road closure is not always possible, so if everybody (including the pros) keep to the correct side of the road, the playing fields are level.
[/quote']

Agreed... so start with the Pro's... make an example there... Ban, fine... If you get it right there then implementing it lower down is easier since cyclist will know that race officials mean business... If you can do it to people who make a living out of it then really, it's so much easier to apply it to the fun riders... They won't even argue the high penalties, they'll just keep left...

It's like capital punishment... let's cull a few, and hopefully the rest will back off in fear....

And now a message from Grandmaster Flash to cyclists on this very important issue:

WHITE LINES (DON'T DO IT)

Aaah, aaah, aaah, aaah
Uhraah!
Bass!

Ooh White, White
Ooh White, White
Ooh White, White

(Ooh White Lines) Vision dreams of passion
(Blowin? through my mind) and all the while I think of you
(High price) a very strange reaction
(For us to unwind) the more I see, the more I do
(Something like a phenomenon) Baby!
(Tellin your body to come along, but white lines blow away)
(Blow! Rock it! Blow!)

...and you thought he was talking about drugs

Joe Low2007-12-05 01:02:16