How much should you spin to get super fit?

tunariaan

I can cycle so i have to spin*

I am very fit running wise so this is just to boost my cycling

Yesterday i did a total of 30min , starting with 5min low resistance then " min stading on higer rsistance , i went on like this till 30min

I like the shorter 30-50km races , and i also want to make my legs stronger for hill training

Do you okes have any programs or advice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question - How much should you spin to get super fit?

Answer - as much as you can + 4 hours.

If you are trying to get in shape - spinning is the safest answer - no impact and you control the tempo.

Try and spinn 3 times a week - 2 X 45min + 1 x 90 min

On alternating days try some weight or resistance training just as a change.

You should start seeing results from week 3 onwards - start out easy.

Remember - train today so that you want to train again tomorrow. No use hurting yourself in the first 2 week and then you are out for the next 3.

Keep it skanky!!!

Spinning will make you fitter and also push the envelope of your self-image as a cyclist. When the 75 year-old dude next to you gets out of the saddle and starts singing along to Creedence Clearwater Revival with his eyes closed like he is being raptured, you cannot just put foot and ride away from him. You have to smile quietly and be happy that none of the guys you race against would be caught dead in there. So really what you are getting is some secret training, with 70's rock benefits.<div><br></div><div><br></div>

Spinning will make you fitter and also push the envelope of your self-image as a cyclist. When the 75 year-old dude next to you gets out of the saddle and starts singing along to Creedence Clearwater Revival with his eyes closed like he is being raptured, you cannot just put foot and ride away from him. You have to smile quietly and be happy that none of the guys you race against would be caught dead in there. So really what you are getting is some secret training, with 70's rock benefits.<div><br></div><div><br></div>

If you are spinning to Creedence, it might be time to find another gym or change the class... Maybe earlier? :lol:

I can cycle so i have to spin*

I am very fit running wise so this is just to boost my cycling

Yesterday i did a total of 30min , starting with 5min low resistance then " min stading on higer rsistance , i went on like this till 30min

I like the shorter 30-50km races , and i also want to make my legs stronger for hill training

Do you okes have any programs or advice

The answer to your question is relative to what you want to achieve - the term fitness does really not exist! It actually refers to your ability to convert cognative dissonance into cognative association as your brain is the ultimate regulator that anticipates the variables your body should negotiate in an activity. If your goal is to do a Tour de France you will definitely condition your body and brain differently from when you want to do the Cape Argus. In order to ensure proper conditioning one should define the variables pertaining to your goal and condition yourself regarding that - bearing in mind that these variables each has its own tempo for development. ie strength can be improved with 60% within 3 weeks when done properly, etc. But that is what differentiate coaches from one another ...

The answer to your question is relative to what you want to achieve - the term fitness does really not exist! It actually refers to your ability to convert cognative dissonance into cognative association as your brain is the ultimate regulator that anticipates the variables your body should negotiate in an activity. If your goal is to do a Tour de France you will definitely condition your body and brain differently from when you want to do the Cape Argus. In order to ensure proper conditioning one should define the variables pertaining to your goal and condition yourself regarding that - bearing in mind that these variables each has its own tempo for development. ie strength can be improved with 60% within 3 weeks when done properly, etc. But that is what differentiate coaches from one another ...

WOW! Are you in middle management with a large blue chip company by any chance? You could come and chair one of our meetings! Throw in a few three letter acronyms and you might even get yourself a corner office!

If you are spinning to Creedence, it might be time to find another gym or change the class... Maybe earlier? :lol:

I love of a bit of Creedance while spinning and out riding too. :thumbup: I mainly do the distances you ride, I do about 40-1hr of spinning 4-5 times a week and that with light weights, I also combine X-training 'cause of other sports I do. You take out of it what you put into it at the end of the day.

Edited by Caerus

Wow, nou how is that for a explanation!

The answer to your question is relative to what you want to achieve - the term fitness does really not exist! It actually refers to your ability to convert cognative dissonance into cognative association as your brain is the ultimate regulator that ... yadda yadda zzzz...

Fitness - look it up - it exists!

'Cognative' you just invented.

WOW! Are you in middle management with a large blue chip company by any chance? You could come and chair one of our meetings! Throw in a few three letter acronyms and you might even get yourself a corner office!

laugh.gif Trying to wade through that garbage reminded me why I quit dealing with the corporate world.

I did one spinning class in 2005 and none since...will I never be super fit?

You cannot know fear or adrenaline until you have tried to ride away from an Abba medley on a stationary bicycle.

laugh.gif Trying to wade through that garbage reminded me why I quit dealing with the corporate world.

ALL Corporate should start introducing compulsory English lessons! You should hear some of the cr@p that comes out of the mouths of supposedly educated people in some of those meetings