How much should you spin to get super fit?

tunariaan

Try the spinning classes firstly the babes are great.

Try different instructors as some of them havent got a clue.

You see by the classes, the classes that are full normally have good instructors.

You will soon establish who is good and who is not so base your routine around that.

Agreed. The good ones usually occupy the popular time slots (Early morning and 5-6pm). If the class is fully booked a week in advance, it is safe to say the instructor know his/her stuff. Another indication is if the number of male shaved legs outnumber the female shaved legs in the class... :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just take note that you basically get 2 type of intervals: the one aimed at producing lactate and the other at processing lactate. The types of intervals correlate with the energy systems in your body and the difference resides in the ratio between high intensity and rest. Doing intervals for the sake of intervals is good, but having them focused is better ...

You are absolutely correct. If you are a serious cyclist with serious potential, then a dedicated coach is the way to go. As a serious recreational cyclist, a few spinning classes and a few endurance ride a week can go a long way to improving performance. As long as you understand the concept of building and tapering as well as the difference between lactate and aerobic intervals and the importance of rest you can only gain from the excercise.

Please read the tread , i clearly asked for spinning advice

I am on a boat so there is no spinning classes and stuff like that

I am fit at the moment and i am trying to improve it and also get my heart rate below 40

Thanks ouens

I hardly rode outdoors this winter, I did around 7-8 hours of spinning a week which included weekends, I maintained some fitness, but nothing great :(

@ Dangle

Watse programme het jy gedoen met die spinning of het jy maar net gespin vir tyd?

I would do two classed back to back and on a Saturday just 2h30 on my own and if very cold on the Sunday, the same.