Tokai: Truck deliveries

(Deon)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - now watching, it looks like the XC bike wins.

hahahah.. make up your mind! :P

my personal experiences say the big bike is a huge waste. low travel HT is best bet.

Hey pos. How about we put in a little ds track at tokai with all that clay. Just make the new section two lines. With mid air cross overs!

Hey pos. How about we put in a little ds track at tokai with all that clay. Just make the new section two lines. With mid air cross overs!

Amen to that! There's nothing happening in the quarry.... Hint hint.

how about, instead of re-inventing the wheel, pun intended :P, we rather lobby (which has already been done) Tygerberg MTB to uprate the existing DS track, or add another track there that's more tech. If I'm not mistaken, they've already strongly alluded to it, that they will be building another more tech DS/2x cross track on the same farm very near the existing DS track.

Incremental changes and upgrades and consistent repairs to existing structures should be the focal point till real demand drives new developments. That way, existing resources get optimised and a firm foundation for further projects gets established based on long term successes of existing ones.

Cos no one has built them yet. Could be a sweet practice area. Untill they quarry more stone out and there go the jumps.

true, but how often do they quarry? heavy machinery will give 90% of the help required to rebuild. Maybe a judicious choice of location will prevent all from being rolled over?

Deon: can u give us an indication of just how feasible it wouldbe for some DJs at the Quarry, The place is near perfect for it.

teach em to commute by bicycle.. duh <_<

we can still hook up abit earlier. it's vrek tiring so dont think an hour is a breeze.

ok..commute, at the age of 4, through town, to Tokai.

Looks like I'm in again, slight adjustment to the time... need to be driving by 330 so how many hours do we ride? What time do we meet 12pm? 1pm?..

I going to strip all the added weight from my bike tonight, and while speaking strip I may even ride in my jocks.. anything as long as I am the not the slowest!

true, but how often do they quarry? heavy machinery will give 90% of the help required to rebuild. Maybe a judicious choice of location will prevent all from being rolled over?

Deon: can u give us an indication of just how feasible it wouldbe for some DJs at the Quarry, The place is near perfect for it.

DJ, Tokai? not exacterly part of the vision from an impact point o view.. but DS can be done.

Was thinking of adding it to the ST from Mamba down and make it part of the trail..You know, something to play on while descending.. Not meant to compete with Ntida, not at all, just a fun element on the trail that offers overtaking opportunity. Ruins has got a great slope and the track in there is already super fun, just need to add another line. What do you think?