Cycling Bib shorts

MoreTrails

have imported 5 pairs of Giordana Tenax Carbon bibs from CRC for +- R1,100......nothing comes close to their comfort!!! :thumbup:

Bib shorts are similar to a lot of other things in that at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference. For myself, by far the most comfortable are Giordana - I have three different models and they are all great. I have bought all of them by shopping around or waiting for specials, etc. and got them around the R850 mark.

Just watch out when you buy these online though, as you probably have to go up two sizes on your SA size. In SA I wear a Large (e.g. for Capestorm), but Giordana my size is XXL - guess Italians are little people :P

Bib shorts are similar to a lot of other things in that at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference. For myself, by far the most comfortable are Giordana - I have three different models and they are all great. I have bought all of them by shopping around or waiting for specials, etc. and got them around the R850 mark.

Just watch out when you buy these online though, as you probably have to go up two sizes on your SA size. In SA I wear a Large (e.g. for Capestorm), but Giordana my size is XXL - guess Italians are little people :P

Dynamite comes in small packages mate hehe laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

have imported 5 pairs of Giordana Tenax Carbon bibs from CRC for +- R1,100......nothing comes close to their comfort!!! :thumbup:

What did they charge you for import duty?

I have watched this topic with some interest because I was also in the market for a new pair of bibs.

I came to the conclusion that bibs are like saddles, a very personal choice and what works for one may not work for another. I own a pair of assos as well as a pair of capestorm nitros. In all honesty for me the capestorm are far more comfy than the assos so I opted for a new pair of nitros and took them out for a 4.5 hours ride on Saturday. Those shorts are the bomb, I am so happy with my purchase. The chamois is fantastic and the workmanship is as good as the Swiss Competition for less than half the price being R995 which I think is great value for such top end stuff.

For me its capestorm nitros all the way, but like i said above, its a very personal thing.

Good luck to everyone in their quest for continued comfort on a saddle.

Edited by Zula

My three bibs so far:

First Ascent R800: 1/10 - severe abrasion on my arse. The stiching is also cr*p so be prepared to borrow a sewing kit from someone.

Giodano R600: 6/10 - cheap but good. Would buy again.

Assos: Bought the yellow one thinking dirt would wash out of the coloured section. It does not - it stains. Yellow - 7/10 - Black 10/10.

It's really scary that locally made bibs are now a grand....

Especially when you can get imported ones for less than a grand. :thumbup:

It's really scary that locally made bibs are now a grand....

I think local manufacturers are misusing the protection they get from the goverment with regards to the import duties charged on clothing.

I am looking at the Hincapie stuff, just not sure what it will be after I have been taxed.

I think local manufacturers are misusing the protection they get from the goverment with regards to the import duties charged on clothing.

Spot on......they don't do any R&D of their own, they just copy the international trends.