Polar IRDA for Windows 7

Grebel

I have the same problem...damn its getting frustrating...I have the old white polar infrared dongle with my Polar 720i...installed the new Polar ProTrainer 5 software and installed the USB zip file for the driver, but no luck...Can anyone help please.

Edited by Reg Lizard

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem...damn its getting frustrating...I have the old white polar infrared dongle with my Polar 720i...installed the new Polar ProTrainer 5 software and installed the USB zip file for the driver, but no luck...Can anyone help please.

The white IR adaptor (connects via its own cable to USB port) is not supported in Windows 7, as far as I know :(

I used a mates black one. Worked no problem. Just wasn't ready to pay the money for a new one. Sold the Polar and bought a Garmin. Won't go back to Polar anytime soon.

Ok, update got hold of a generic USB Sigmatel IR adater for R199, but now the Software (Polar Protrainer 5) won't communicate with the port? The watch communicates with the Infrared dongle though! Windows says the USB IR adapter has been installed and is working? I run Windows 7 32 bit- was 64 bit before it was downgraded by our IT geeks? Any suggestions?

Ok, update got hold of a generic USB Sigmatel IR adater for R199, but now the Software (Polar Protrainer 5) won't communicate with the port? The watch communicates with the Infrared dongle though! Windows says the USB IR adapter has been installed and is working? I run Windows 7 32 bit- was 64 bit before it was downgraded by our IT geeks? Any suggestions?

Can't speak from experience here, since I use the silver Polar IR adaptor ... but my suggestion would be to unplug your new Sigmatel IR adaptor, then ensure you've done an Uninstall of the Polar USB software that you installed via the Zip file. Reboot the PC (that will reset all USB ports), then plug in the new IR adaptor, wait 'till it's recognized by your PC, then start Polar ProTrainer and try to connect to your watch again. Good luck.

Any luck with any of these IR dongles on Win 8???

Yip - no problems (using the silver Polar IR adaptor) ... using Windows 8 and running 64 bit.

Yip - no problems (using the silver Polar IR adaptor) ... using Windows 8 and running 64 bit.

I must still try and use my old no name brand dongle

• 9 years later...
On 9/12/2011 at 11:09 AM, Grebel said:

I decided to use the search function :clap: . The little blank strip top right hand corner? Some of you might be aware of it... and came across this thread in the old classifieds:

Polar IR

My question is whether or not any advance has been made regarding this issue of getting the white one to work on Windows 7 64bit?

I dug out my Polar S720i software and IRDA this weekend as I have been using the watch when I go to spinning classes and wanted to download and have a look at the data on the watch. I am running Window 7 64bit Ultimate. The software installed no problem. I plugged in the dongle (See picture below) and got an error message regarding the driver installation.

post-17843-0-44769300-1315818567.jpg

Had a look online and no luck. It doesn't look like you can use the big white dongle with Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. It worked fine with XP. (Just upgraded my machine and loaded Windows 7)

Has anybody had any luck getting these to work on Windows 7?

Does anybody have the driver for this device, the original one , for Windows XP? I desperately need it!. Thanx!