CWC becoming local partner for CRC

meerkat

Not a knock on their margins, mate... They already offer a discount on bulk orders, and with e increased amt of orders coming through, from a single known source, here is huge scope for more competitive pricing. You can rest assured that he price CWC will get charged is far lower than that charged to an end user.

It makes perfect business sense.

Exactly :) somone with business sense.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which online shops in Germany & The Netherlands do you use?

Havent got their websites any more. I do remember long long ago when I started investigating online shopping I looked at a few. Made up a list and compared them with CRC and Total Cycles (TC were the rave at that stage) Cost were very much the same six of the one half a doz of the other type of thing. The lack of schlepp and no language barrier with CRC and TC convinced me to use them. It has now become a good habit.

Maybe Gummibear and Swissvan can help?

All of a sudden double posts, Koofie and myself WTF

The reason for my concern is the following:

1. Say the current local retail for said item is R1000

2. New structure with CWC and CRC, CWC could sell the item for R600 (all imports and taxes incl)

3. Why would they give R400 of their profit away if the local market "would" allow for a asking price of R1000???

Not so sure the benefit will reach us in full.

Because, as things are now, we are being SHAFTED badly (price wise)

Well then don't.

If it happens (the merge) then it must be competitive and beneficial to both companies and the consumer.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Make no mistake my friend. This is business. The customer will NEVER benefit.

Two companies do not merge/join forces/do business together for the reason of "lets make people happy and not make money"

:P ;)

How do you eliminate your competition?....."If you can't beat them.....join them.... ;)

Just a thought.....

2. New structure with CWC and CRC, CWC could sell the item for R600 (all imports and taxes incl)

3. Why would they give R400 of their profit away if the local market "would" allow for a asking price of R1000???

I'm with you on this, as I cannot see why CRC will offer a discount(cannibalise their profits) to CWC large enough for CWC to handle ALL the local admin/postage/etc, still allowing CWC to charge their normal market-up (this deal will cannibalise the normal CWC market/profits)

Oh heck and the scourge of the disappearing post reappears again!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Make no mistake my friend. This is business. The customer will NEVER benefit.

Two companies do not merge/join forces/do business together for the reason of "lets make people happy and not make money"

:P ;)

How do you eliminate your competition?....."If you can't beat them.....join them.... ;)

Just a thought.....

And me thinks that we'll still be discussing this possible merger between CRC and CWC in 6 months time. Personally I do not see it happening....

Simple mate, if they could sell it for R600 and show a handsome profit, I would sell it for R800 and make a better profit and still be cheaper than my competitors and take all their business away from them. And if you're a loyal customer with a good relationship hell ill cutt off R200 more on the sale because im assured your comming back to give me more business. And i still make a profit. And my poor competitors well their market will be limited to people that doesnt know any better.

Simple mate, if they could sell it for R600 and show a handsome profit, I would sell it for R800 and make a better profit and still be cheaper than my competitors and take all their business away from them. And if you're a loyal customer with a good relationship hell ill cutt off R200 more on the sale because im assured your comming back to give me more business. And i still make a profit. And my poor competitors well their market will be limited to people that doesnt know any better.

I'm with you on this, as I cannot see why CRC will offer a discount(cannibalise their profits) to CWC large enough for CWC to handle ALL the local admin/postage/etc, still allowing CWC to charge their normal market-up (this deal will cannibalise the normal CWC market/profits)

I just cannot see / believe a company would WANT to make LESS money than they currently are...

I believe in paying for what I want / are getting,

but that will still be (R200 + int shipping + local taxes) overcharged!!!

Havent got their websites any more. I do remember long long ago when I started investigating online shopping I looked at a few. Made up a list and compared them with CRC and Total Cycles (TC were the rave at that stage) Cost were very much the same six of the one half a doz of the other type of thing. The lack of schlepp and no language barrier with CRC and TC convinced me to use them. It has now become a good habit.

Maybe Gummibear and Swissvan can help?

Hijack On

I've found a site called Bike24,My link , they seem to have stock of the 2012 XT brakeset, at the same price as CRC - Happy Days :clap: I know you were looking at the new XT or SLX brakeset

Hijack Off

Covie, do you work for CWC? ;)

Hijack On

I've found a site called Bike24,My link , they seem to have stock of the 2012 XT brakeset, at the same price as CRC - Happy Days :clap: I know you were looking at the new XT or SLX brakeset

Hijack Off

Thanx already ordered the XT M755 brakeset, they are waiting stateside, Will have them on Saturday and install all the new goodies as quickly as possible.

I just cannot see / believe a company would WANT to make LESS money than they currently are...

because then they'll be selling all(some) of their stock to CWC, doubt it would be on consignment, then it would be CWC problem to offload to us.

That way CRC have a guaranteed buyer, CWC get their stuff Cheaper.