CWC becoming local partner for CRC

meerkat

There should be no issues with that, I think SARS might actually prefer something like this. One audit point, etc unlike the hundreds of smaller packages flying nearly under the radar.

Seems to me SARS would be 100% delighted to see CRC orders funneled mostly through one accountable agent rather than thousands of individuals trying to dodge duties.

yup

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me SARS would be 100% delighted to see CRC orders funneled mostly through one accountable agent rather than thousands of individuals trying to dodge duties.

Agree, but can the same be said of CWC :unsure:

Evans Cycles also has good prices. They had a 15% discount on orders recently.

Dude evans is a rip off of note, and just to total lack of thought that went into their website puts me off going on there ever again.

CWC has always rocked, and it would be superb if they could team up with CRC. They would have access to carry 10 times larger product range, at awesome prices. And have it delivered to your door the next day instead of 3 months like my last excersize with CRC and parcelforce.

This would make the no1 online site in this country untouchable by the half arsed competitors that we have to deal with, and I am sure this would blow the tops of the local distrobutors with their death grip on prices. So i can understand some of you are upset.

Me the little guy that spends all his food money on bike stuff, will be one very happy camper.

That said, even if the pairing does happen, I cant wait for the new superstore to open so that i can go browse to my hearts content.

Edited by covie

How does things become cheaper by injecting middle men? Give me real examples please!

Oh it can defintily become cheaper, if you think of the margin's CRC already makes they can offer the product to CWC at substantially lower rates than our local distrobuters have ever been willing to offer, which means even when CWC puts a markup on it will be similarly or even lesser priced than it would be on the CRC site, without the hassle.

Problem with this is i see loads of local distrobuters pissing themselves since if this happens, CWC will have access to an almost unlimited amount of stock with aboslutly no hassle or counter from the local distrobuters. That would mean either the local guys will have to down their prices to stay competative or they would need to cater for nieche markets.

Either way this would be a pairing made in heaven.

Oh it can defintily become cheaper, if you think of the margin's CRC already makes they can offer the product to CWC at substantially lower rates than our local distrobuters have ever been willing to offer, which means even when CWC puts a markup on it will be similarly or even lesser priced than it would be on the CRC site, without the hassle.

Problem with this is i see loads of local distrobuters pissing themselves since if this happens, CWC will have access to an almost unlimited amount of stock with aboslutly no hassle or counter from the local distrobuters. That would mean either the local guys will have to down their prices to stay competative or they would need to cater for nieche markets.

Either way this would be a pairing made in heaven.

So you suggest that CRC takes a knock for us, one for the team so to speak? Businesses ain't built around charity!

I have no idea about the margins CRC make, any information for us on that?

I wouldn't think so.. I reckon they'd just redivert to a back-end CWC website, and ship the stuff there as soon as you put your location as South Africa. All items would include the cost of VAT (or maybe not even) and the purchase order would be sent through to CWC as well as CRC so that it could be tracked efficiently. Not that difficult, in all honesty.

:thumbup:

Dude evans is a rip off of note, and just to total lack of thought that went into their website puts me off going on there ever again.

CWC has always rocked, and it would be superb if they could team up with CRC. They would have access to carry 10 times larger product range, at awesome prices. And have it delivered to your door the next day instead of 3 months like my last excersize with CRC and parcelforce.

This would make the no1 online site in this country untouchable by the half arsed competitors that we have to deal with, and I am sure this would blow the tops of the local distrobutors with their death grip on prices. So i can understand some of you are upset.

Me the little guy that spends all his food money on bike stuff, will be one very happy camper.

That said, even if the pairing does happen, I cant wait for the new superstore to open so that i can go browse to my hearts content.

If the items sold to me by CWC cost a cent more than the item on the CRC site I will not use them. CRC and Evans are not the only Internet Cycling shops. Those in the Netherlands and Germany as well as the US are sometimes even more cheaper. One reason why I used CRC is their handy £/ZAR converter. I also like the slick and esay way their shipments take to reach you.

So you suggest that CRC takes a knock for us, one for the team so to speak? Businesses ain't built around charity!

I have no idea about the margins CRC make, any information for us on that?

Not a knock on their margins, mate... They already offer a discount on bulk orders, and with e increased amt of orders coming through, from a single known source, here is huge scope for more competitive pricing. You can rest assured that he price CWC will get charged is far lower than that charged to an end user.

It makes perfect business sense.

If the items sold to me by CWC cost a cent more than the item on the CRC site I will not use them. CRC and Evans are not the only Internet Cycling shops. Those in the Netherlands and Germany as well as the US are sometimes even more cheaper. One reason why I used CRC is their handy £/ZAR converter. I also like the slick and esay way their shipments take to reach you.

Well then don't.

If it happens (the merge) then it must be competitive and beneficial to both companies and the consumer.

Must be by a large margin as well. Otherwise they wouldn't take the risk of it.

Not a knock on their margins, mate... They already offer a discount on bulk orders, and with e increased amt of orders coming through, from a single known source, here is huge scope for more competitive pricing. You can rest assured that he price CWC will get charged is far lower than that charged to an end user.

So they are swopping plenty of small, no discount sales for a few discounted bulk sales? That is the same as them taking the knock....

Well then don't.

If it happens (the merge) then it must be competitive and beneficial to both companies and the consumer.

Must be by a large margin as well. Otherwise they wouldn't take the risk of it.

+1

If this is the type of deal that will happen, the actual financials behind it will be quite interesting...

However, what is hoped for here on the hub is the "best scenario" from a consumber/customer point of view. The truth will most probably be a lot duller than this...?

Which online shops in Germany & The Netherlands do you use?

Two guys.......one of them old ex SAFFA, Glory Cycles (haven't bought from them in a while.

The other guys: Competitive cycles. Awesome website (Sort goods according to WEIGHT! :rolleyes: :lol: ), good service. Took 4 days from the US for my Zipp bars to arrive. Going to look wicked on the new road bike!! :thumbup:

(As a note: CRC only received stock one MONTH later as they are in the UK and ZIPP in the USA thus US dealers gets stock first. :clap: ) And with the dollar cheaper than the euro/pound......mmmmmmm ;)

Th eCC website is looking good and tehy have some great deals going. What did they charge you irt shipping, ect?

cheers

Th CC website is looking good and tehy have some great deals going. What did they charge you irt shipping, ect?

cheers

They have a shipping calculator on their site. I think it was around $133 for them to DHL a frame to me last year.

Hubbers

My biggest concern is the following:

1. Do we "lose" the price advantage of CRC? As CWC now imports and still have to add their cut on the deal...

Reason for me asking: Full CRC retail price + shipping + import duties = At least 40% less locally (if you shop clever)

2. Does CWC now solely import CRC items?

3. Would we as individuals still be able to buy from CRC?

Lets hope this boosts some competitive pricing locally, because for me to import at full retail, pay shipping and import taxes, and STILL up to 40% less than local prices, I just find ludicrous...

Hubbers

My biggest concern is the following:

1. Do we "lose" the price advantage of CRC? As CWC now imports and still have to add their cut on the deal...

Reason for me asking: Full CRC retail price + shipping + import duties = At least 40% less locally (if you shop clever)

2. Does CWC now solely import CRC items?

3. Would we as individuals still be able to buy from CRC?

Lets hope this boosts some competitive pricing locally, because for me to import at full retail, pay shipping and import taxes, and STILL up to 40% less than local prices, I just find ludicrous...

Dude...

read the posts before asking the questions...

1: No. CWC will have access to agency pricing structures, which are significantly lower than the prices we, as public, are charged. This is because they will order in bulk, and you can add lower margins for bulk purchases.

1.1: Shipping will be cheaper for the bulk purchases. Point of fact. Therefore cost of item will be less.

1.2: Even with their cut, CWC will be getting a significant increase in sales as a result of this. Therefore, no need to add exhorbitant margin. More volume = more turnover = more profit. More turnover of smaller margin still equals more profit (in v simple terms)

2: Maybe. Maybe not... We don't know.

3: See 2.

Exactly :) somone with business sense.