CWC becoming local partner for CRC

meerkat

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see the smart LBS guys are forging partnerships with CRC not bitching and moaning about them or trying to fix prices. Something I suggested here a while back and got told what a dumb idea I had put on the table.

Glad to see the smart LBS guys are forging partnerships with CRC not bitching and moaning about them or trying to fix prices. Something I suggested here a while back and got told what a dumb idea I had put on the table.

Would you have expected anything less? :lol:

Not to try and rain on your parade, but the jury is still out on whether it will actually be of real value to us doing the buying IF THIS HAPPENS.

Dangers for this deal:

1. Limited stock

2. Delayed delivery

3. Added cost

Not to try and rain on your parade, but the jury is still out on whether it will actually be of real value to us doing the buying IF THIS HAPPENS.

Dangers for this deal:

1. Limited stock

2. Delayed delivery

3. Added cost

and not to forget

4. Inability to order from CRC directly (bypassing the 'local agent')

I can see it being of value to CWC, as it will insert them into the money chain for their biggest online competitor ...

I can see it being of value to CWC, as it will insert them into the money chain for their biggest online competitor ...

As I see it there's no way CRC will redirect all their SA business via CWC - ie. force you to order via CWC - if you want to just order on their site from SA you'll still be able to do that.

My prediction is CWC will handle CRC orders on demand / where it is convenient for the buyer / when CWC don't have stock / cannot compete on price with CRC.

Neither party has anything to gain from limiting the SA buyers options or doing anything to compromise the status quo. They want more market share not less. If they team up things will become cheaper and more convenient whatever happens.

As I see it there's no way CRC will redirect all their SA business via CWC - ie. force you to order via CWC - if you want to just order on their site from SA you'll still be able to do that.

My prediction is CWC will handle CRC orders on demand / where it is convenient for the buyer / when CWC don't have stock / cannot compete on price with CRC.

Neither party has anything to gain from limiting the SA buyers options or doing anything to compromise the status quo. They want more market share not less. If they team up things will become cheaper and more convenient whatever happens.

How does things become cheaper by injecting middle men? Give me real examples please!

How does things become cheaper by injecting middle men? Give me real examples please!

Maybe not cheaper. Hopefully a similar price but more convenient, not having to worry about customs and shipping etc.

Maybe not cheaper. Hopefully a similar price but more convenient, not having to worry about customs and shipping etc.

And there in lies the major problem....how will CRC and CWC deal with the duties payable on shoes, clothing, helmets, water bottles. No doubt SARS will be on red alert regarding this merger :lol:

Think about it - at the moment there are CRC order threads here every week with peeps trying to hook up in order to save by pooling their orders - CRC can run with that, place bulk orders, save on shipping, handle customs through existing relationships, probably take a small referral fee from CRC and take the incidental business that being the official CRC handler confers - people visiting their shop to pick up orders, additional brand recognition, incidental orders on stock immediately available at the local store etc etc etc.

However if there is one thing I am 150% certain of, it is that you won't take my word for it so I will give up on this pointless quest to convince you :P

Edited by Lucky Luke.

And there in lies the major problem....how will CRC and CWC deal with the duties payable on shoes, clothing, helmets, water bottles. No doubt SARS will be on red alert regarding this merger :lol:

There should be no issues with that, I think SARS might actually prefer something like this. One audit point, etc unlike the hundreds of smaller packages flying nearly under the radar.

Think about it - at the moment there are CRC order threads here every week with peeps trying to hook up in order to save by pooling their orders - CRC can run with, place bulk orders, save on shipping, handle customs through existing relationships, probably take a small referral fee from CRC and take the incidental business that being the official CRC handler confers - people visiting their shop to pick up orders, additional brand recognition, incidental orders on stock immediately available at the local store etc etc etc.

However if there is one thing I am 150% certain of, it is that you won't take my word for it so I will give up on this pointless quest to convince you :P

If they can make it fly, and it adds value at little to no extra cost then clap.gif But I'll stay sceptic till the pudding arrives ;)

Local costs like Duty and Vat dont effect CRC, it makes no difference to them.

I dont see the issue here, CWC will just pay the legitimate duties as prescribed by the act and pass the bill on locally. The issue really is that the postal service is useless, so many packages are slipping under the radar and Vat and Duty is not been charged to the end user (you) but in reality this is a cost you should be paying locally anyway, so whether you pay it to the Post office / courier service direct or to CWC who would have already paid it over with their forwarder is immaterial.

Seems to me SARS would be 100% delighted to see CRC orders funneled mostly through one accountable agent rather than thousands of individuals trying to dodge duties.