CWC becoming local partner for CRC

meerkat

Just thought, if CWC are a partner, you can still use the UK based site to buy from...

Maybe, maybe not....that is the question....as AndreZA says:

Will all SA clients be diverted to CWC site

If that is the case you have just added a MONTH cause CWC would be stupid to order one off items....

That said.....what will be in this for CWC?.....One answer.....you, the customers $$$.

I am not being nasty here....it's business....that is just that....business.

So why ANOTHER middle man? Just a thought......

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who you using in the US Spidey?

Two guys.......one of them old ex SAFFA, Glory Cycles (haven't bought from them in a while.

The other guys: Competitive cycles. Awesome website (Sort goods according to WEIGHT! :rolleyes: :lol: ), good service. Took 4 days from the US for my Zipp bars to arrive. Going to look wicked on the new road bike!! :thumbup:

(As a note: CRC only received stock one MONTH later as they are in the UK and ZIPP in the USA thus US dealers gets stock first. :clap: ) And with the dollar cheaper than the euro/pound......mmmmmmm ;)

I hope not. CWC have NEVER EVER had stock :thumbdown: and I have always received good service from CRC.

So if this happens and we SAFFAS gets forced to buy through local I will divert my business to the US as per my previous 3 sales.... :thumbup:

Time will tell and one has to try the setup once we know what it is.....

Lets see..... :huh:

Who are you buying from in the US?

Maybe, maybe not....that is the question....as AndreZA says:

If that is the case you have just added a MONTH cause CWC would be stupid to order one off items....

That said.....what will be in this for CWC?.....One answer.....you, the customers $$$.

I am not being nasty here....it's business....that is just that....business.

So why ANOTHER middle man? Just a thought......

Plus 1

Moderators please create a sticky where websites and alternative internet shops can be listed.

Ek weet nie oom......maybe admin won't want to link to webpages not paying advertising and maybe just support local guys? Local is lekker yes? :D

And then one guy has bad service and admin is in the sop cause why he pointed us in that direction?

Vir wat is oom so grompie en gereguleerd deesdae?? :blink: :lol: :lol:

Moderators please create a sticky where websites and alternative internet shops can be listed.

try the links tab at the top of the page.

If it works that way. CRC stock and prices with the vat and no duties delivered with the CWC efficiency... Flippin perfect if you ask me!! :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

Back to topic.

I think CWC's web page needs to be very well designed/thought out. <_< :unsure:

Showing direct cost as per CRC site (Show the customer he is not getting screwed on exchange rate)

Secondly show the customer the shipping charge (Remembering you pay nothing over ±R2500)

Thirdly clearly stating the expected delivery date.

If that is a smooth process, it can be the start of something big for them!!!! Beware LBS!! :thumbup:

I reckon CWC already buy stuff from CRC, just formalizing their relationship.

I know that CRC have sliding discount rates for bulk/value purchases.

Lots of companies work with "agents" and not necessarily "distributors".

Operating as an agent just means you place all orders as usual with the supplier, but orders are only shipped to the agent, who then redistributes it locally. Financially there is usually a small "kickback" to the agent. Of course the agent can also do business for himself, which to me makes local sense for CWC.

However it would be rather new for a western company to use an agent system, they prefer distributorship's as it has a greater responsibility factor for the distributor, but the Asian business world uses agents very successfully, its not a new phenomenon.

It would be cheaper for smaller things because you wouldn't have to pay delivery from the U.k.

But remember CWC will be paying VAT on everything that is bought + they'll want a bit of profit.

So obviously it will be a little more expensive.

But in terms of convenience and time-wise, it will be much faster.

Have to agree with the 8-legged one here.

Where's the value proposition in (these) two retail distributors joining forces? As separately operating online entities they already have reduced prices by eliminating the need for physical point-of-sale and deal directly with the individual from a warehouse(s). So how would their joining further reduce - or for that matter even ensure parity of - prices to the consumer? Maybe I'm just stoopid but I'm battling to see any possible synergies.

CRC have a massive brand - so CWC would score

CWC's brand... not so big - no benefit to CRC

CRC have a huge (I think) customer base in South Africa, and so do CWC (let's assume they do), but essentially this is the same customer base as most people will shop for the best deal on either site (and others) - no benefit either way

Logistics (stock and delivery) - cant see any tangible benefit.

But hey, (far) stranger things have happened, so what do I know. Don't really mind one way or another, it'd be great if it somehow provides some benefit, and if it goes pear-shaped there're more than enough other online options.