Bontrager 6.5 Aeolus Carbon Clincher Wheelset

Pantani

Bulk Meat Packers!!! Who of you ride these wheels? Or anybody out there?

If this was the only wheelset I owned, would it stand up to being ridden everyday?

Pantani2007-12-05 07:41:43

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the lightest but the strongest! , No weight limit!!!!! full carbon rim based from the XXX lites with a head 65mm fairing fitted to them.

16spoke front and rear.

But this is the Hub!!! everybody here only raves about things cause he/she uses them....So my opinion doesn't count!

I think they are capable of being ridden every day, but why do it?  They are a very expensive set of wheels.  The wear and tear of riding them every day will end up costing more than a custom guilt set of training wheels that you may end up hitting a pothole with while jumping a red robot on the right hand side of the road in a dark gutter!

Oh, and I ride the 5.0 carbon clinchers, beautiful set of wheels that are making sure my 404's stay in their wheelbags!
bruce2007-12-05 07:55:52

I think they are capable of being ridden every day' date=' but why do it?  They are a very expensive set of wheels.  The wear and tear of riding them every day will end up costing more than a custom guilt set of training wheels that you may end up hitting a pothole with while jumping a red robot on the right hand side of the road in a dark gutter![/quote']

Excellent!!!!

Oooops... clearly you have seen me out training at 3am...Embarrassed Just all over the road you know...

Anyway, so if I did get a set of these suckers you're saying they actually a very strong wheelset? 101%? Did I hear you correctly?

I'll even go so far as to say "come fetch mine! ride them and see for yourself . Thats the only way you'll trully understand what you buying/paying for.

We can can turn this topic into a 50 page mud slingging episode of who builds the best wheels!!!

But you know that saying.." The Proof is in the Pudding"......so come taste these babiesWink...

But purely from a performance point of view, why would they be better than a set of 404 tubbies given the 300g weight difference?

I have the 5.0 , same wheel except for the fairing depth. They even come with an optional PT built into the raer wheel . Bruce  has a set with a power tap.

I think they are capable of being ridden every day' date=' but why do it?  They are a very expensive set of wheels.  The wear and tear of riding them every day will end up costing more than a custom guilt set of training wheels that you may end up hitting a pothole with while jumping a red robot on the right hand side of the road in a dark gutter!

Oh, and I ride the 5.0 carbon clinchers, beautiful set of wheels that are making sure my 404's stay in their wheelbags!
[/quote']

What!! Have you guy's got rolling road closure at night???Big%20smile

But purely from a performance point of view' date=' why would they be better than a set of 404 tubbies given the 300g weight difference?[/quote']

I'm no wheel guru , My opinion is cause of there stiffnessConfused 

Stiffness??? Do they have a lower spoke count than the Zipps? OK, I'm also not too clued up here. Is the wheel build better?

Front wheel will probably be fine, but the back will loose spokes regulalry - unless your a small guy

16 spoke just aren't enough for the back.

Tell me.. since this wheel only has 16 spokes, a how many hole powertap hub will you use with this sort of wheel? Are there Powertap hubs with 16 holes or would you use a 24 hole or more?