Hill 2 Hill

massiveboy

Anybody taken you up on this generous offer? - if not I could use a lift - also live in Westville

A mate was getting back to me tonight, can let you know later. ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the temperature like at the start at 6am? Cold enough to warrant carting arm warmers or a jacket for the whole race?

It will be fresh but not worth the effort to carry a jacket, arm warmers are so small you can tuck them away but i wouldnt bother. the start loop is long enough and slow enough to warm you up before any major decending or speed comes into play

doing my third. Last year was insanely hot - hit major brick wall on key ridge. This year i am taking it easy - nice slow start.

I see there is a slightly different start.

And... the duke of york 16km run will be coming against us along the bisley nature reserve section, so the later batches will meet up with runners going the opposite direction. bit odd that this is happening

Edited by Stretch

What's the temperature like at the start at 6am? Cold enough to warrant carting arm warmers or a jacket for the whole race?

last year was VERY HOT so no warmers needed. 2 years ago it was cool - i wore first ascent long sleeve underneath the whole race, three years ago it was snowing in the midlands and raining on the day (i.e faarking cold).....so you never know!

Paul, ditch the jacket bru, arm warmers maybe, last year was quite nippy at the start but this time looks warm enough to go without. Might need the arm warmers to stop sunburn though. I'm not taking mine.

To view your batch fot the 40km Half Marathon CLICK HERE!

To view your batch for the 105km Marathon CLICK HERE!

There's a good chance that I'll be missing out on my 1st ever Hill2Hill because of the F$%##& FLU :thumbdown:

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

Paul, ditch the jacket bru, arm warmers maybe, last year was quite nippy at the start but this time looks warm enough to go without. Might need the arm warmers to stop sunburn though. I'm not taking mine.

Thanks for the advice guys. Think I'll take them up with me but leave leg warmers and jacket behind. Weather does look good for sunday, so shouldn't be cold for long :)

I've still got an entry to sell if anyone is keen - details in the classifieds. Starting "C" batch.

Edited by Caerus

To view your batch fot the 40km Half Marathon CLICK HERE!

To view your batch for the 105km Marathon CLICK HERE!

There's a good chance that I'll be missing out on my 1st ever Hill2Hill because of the F$%##& FLU :thumbdown:

makes two of us :thumbdown: just cant seem to shake it man!!

I've still got an entry to sell if anyone is keen - details in the classifieds. Starting "C" batch.

pity your not doing it man, also due to start in C - came down with the flu since last sunday and still have it but rate im just gonna start lower down and take it uber easy...

pity your not doing it man, also due to start in C - came down with the flu since last sunday and still have it but rate im just gonna start lower down and take it uber easy...

I was also thinking of just doing that.

Ek se jou, ek is so moeg vir hoesende, snotterigge en niesende siek mense by die werk jy kan my gat met 'n lewende poffadder af vee :angry:

I'm so disappointed 'cause I may not be in SA this times next year :( I'll be able to get into Sani2C for sure then, so thats a bonus. Been trying evrything to come right, but to no avail.

I'm so disappointed 'cause I may not be in SA this times next year :( I'll be able to get into Sani2C for sure then, so thats a bonus. Been trying evrything to come right, but to no avail.

You not keen to join Nathrix and I and maybe the 3 of us start a few batches back really slow and enjoy the ride sniffling together?

I was also thinking of just doing that.

Ek se jou, ek is so moeg vir hoesende, snotterigge en niesende siek mense by die werk jy kan my gat met 'n lewende poffadder af vee :angry:

When are you driving down man? just checked your from Midrand ek se..