Hill 2 Hill

massiveboy

The weathersa website shows some rain there this week, but clearing for the weekend. Forecast is sunny and 26C on Sunday.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weathersa website shows some rain there this week, but clearing for the weekend. Forecast is sunny and 26C on Sunday.

so long as it's cooler than last years 35C+ I'll be happy

Doing my first half marathon looking forward to it.

Just want to complete strongly and enjoy the ride hopefully will finish around the 6hr mark maybe quicker.

Checked a few sites for the weather all forecast a warm and sunny day about 26 degrees.

Any advice for a first timer for the Hill to Hill half marathon ??

See u guys out there !! :clap: :thumbup:

I have done the half but going for my first full one. If it rains velcro will grow between me & my bed come Sunday.

I did the official pre-ride from Camperdown to Hammarsdale some weeks ago awesome route – I did bail on the option to do Bartletts as a few of us rode back to Shongweni via the ark & sunset ridge.

I do know that there are some monster hills in the second half – Bartletts & Sunset ridge (the big hill up past the ark) being just two of them. My strategy is simply to take it easy, enjoy it and try and survive. If there is anything left in the tank after sunset ridge then I.... hang on.... no there probably won't be anything left so scratch that

Doing my first half marathon looking forward to it.

Just want to complete strongly and enjoy the ride hopefully will finish around the 6hr mark maybe quicker.

Checked a few sites for the weather all forecast a warm and sunny day about 26 degrees.

Any advice for a first timer for the Hill to Hill half marathon ??

See u guys out there !! :clap: :thumbup:

The half marathon is good fun. There's two major hills to look out for - Bartletts and then Sunrise. Bartletts is usually ok because the legs are still fresh, but make sure to save some energy for Sunrise. It's a monster. And another thing - there's a short, nasty climb a few km's after the top of sunrise. Pretty much unrideable unless you're Burry. Don't let it get to you though. After that it's (mostly) all downhill :)

Anyone have a Garmin file for the half or full marathon showing elevation etcs? Or a google earth route file?

Thread hijack, since everyone on here is Durban based what races/events are you guys doing the following weekend,25 Sept?

From what I can tell there are 3 on that Sunday..

Hilton MTB dirtfest/Nissan national marathon

Cycle Lab & Stihl Midmar/Notts Cycle Race

TIB OMO Muddy Buddy Series 2011 - Kearsney

If they were on diff weekends I wouldve done the Hilton MTB and midmar race, maybe the muddy buddy...

I'll probably do the Midmar Notties race though - not many road races on the calender so I try do all of them if I can...

Any thoughts?

Thread hijack, since everyone on here is Durban based what races/events are you guys doing the following weekend,25 Sept?

If they were on diff weekends I wouldve done the Hilton MTB and midmar race, maybe the muddy buddy...

I'll probably do the Midmar Notties race though - not many road races on the calender so I try do all of them if I can...

Any thoughts?

the following weekend there is also the option of the Engen road race or the Michaelhouse mtb.

the following weekend there is also the option of the Engen road race or the Michaelhouse mtb.

Forgot about that as well, already registered for the Engen one anyways. Pity though as the Michaelhouse race is pretty fun, nice single track in that race.

Any thoughts?

Im keen on doing the hilton mtb race, heard its one to do by many and theres a nice 75km distance to ride :thumbup:

What's the temperature like at the start at 6am? Cold enough to warrant carting arm warmers or a jacket for the whole race?

The half marathon is good fun. There's two major hills to look out for - Bartletts and then Sunrise. Bartletts is usually ok because the legs are still fresh, but make sure to save some energy for Sunrise. It's a monster. And another thing - there's a short, nasty climb a few km's after the top of sunrise. Pretty much unrideable unless you're Burry. Don't let it get to you though. After that it's (mostly) all downhill :)

thanks for the response i have accepted that there will be some pushing but will limit that time off the bike to the water points and those monster hills.

I can give one person a lift if they are keen? I'll be leaving from Westville.

Anybody taken you up on this generous offer? - if not I could use a lift - also live in Westville