Full Suspension 29er. Which one ?

kandui

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, BMW is not for me. I like something a little different, but I don't have to own the only one in the country. Somewhere in between is fine for me.

Here is the brain path so far: my HT 29er retails for R24000 and having ridden it for 7 weeks, I could maybe get R16-19000 for it. Being a foreign brand (Rotwild), I can't imagine too many buyers being prepared to pay a premium for a bike they have never heard of.

Having to spend at least R 30000 for a new FS 29er (exclude Giant), I am in for another 14k minimum. Buying a black Jet 9 for R18500 ( I can get the white frame for R16000, but I don't like what it looks like), I can move my parts (all XT ,Fox, DT Swiss) over for about R1000. Would I be wrong in guessing that a built-up Jet 9 with the same spec would cost closer to 40k? All in all, I think buying a frame set is the best way to go.

The new Scott is a good value bike to buy, even the carbon comes in at around R37k, but I am not a Scott man. Again,common sense and financial prudence should rule, but they don't.

Personally I would go for the tallboy but when you buying a bike you need the one which talks to you and makes you want to ride.

A lot happened for me since Friday. I had a closer look at the Tallboy and it said: buy me! So I did just that on Saturday morning and build it the afternoon. Rode it on Sunday and I am truly amazed.

post-17364-0-90489400-1317027607.jpg

Edited by KnobbyMech

A lot happened for me since Friday. I had a closer look at the Tallboy and it said: buy me! So I did just that on Saturday morning and build it the afternoon. Rode it on Sunday and I am truly amazed.

Very nice. Carbon or Alu?

Very nice. Carbon or Alu?

Thanks @BigBen and @Caad4!

It is the Carbon. Frame with shock (love that shock) and headset weighs 2.44kg (size L). Complete bike as it stands there is 12.2kg. There is lots of room for weight saving, but I am happy with it just like it is. I am also amazed at how solid that carbon feels and sounds.

Santa came early this year :clap:

Thanks @BigBen and @Caad4!

It is the Carbon. Frame with shock (love that shock) and headset weighs 2.44kg (size L). Complete bike as it stands there is 12.2kg. There is lots of room for weight saving, but I am happy with it just like it is. I am also amazed at how solid that carbon feels and sounds.

Santa came early this year :clap:

Ja Santa CRUZ!!

I have also committed to............the Niner Jet 9. Have the frame sitting opposite me in my office. Black and looks cool. Am not that confident in my own mechanical abilities, am getting it built up tomorrow.

I have also committed to............the Niner Jet 9. Have the frame sitting opposite me in my office. Black and looks cool. Am not that confident in my own mechanical abilities, am getting it built up tomorrow.

Good choise and congratulations! But where is the pitchas??