Show us your pets

tunariaan

Gemma the Great Dane with her squeaky Prime-rib toy, she runs around all day with that toy in her mouth. (She is 6 years old but acts like a puppy and lap dog).

Biggest Lap Dog in the world.Great Dogs

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question to all you animal lovers. Is it selfish to own only one dog and leave it alone day by day when you are at work? Surely that can't be good for a dog as they are pack animals.

In no way am I judging just want to hear your honest opinions.

we thought i dog was lonely, he probably was

they said he needs a friend, they said he'l stop being naughty they said.....

he never now they just cause havoc together... but ja im sure they enjoy each others company

but at the end of the day our dogs pack inst complete until we are home

Yeah I think so.....years ago when we got married we adopted a little lap dog (ok a toy poodle), and both of us used to work, we left him in our townhouse garden during the day and he used to howl (our neighbors told us) when we left him. Later on we adopted another little mutt and since then the howling stopped.

Toy poms are from the rodent family though, isn't it......... :whistling:

we thought i dog was lonely, he probably was

they said he needs a friend, they said he'l stop being naughty they said.....

he never now they just cause havoc together... but ja im sure they enjoy each others company

but at the end of the day our dogs pack inst complete until we are home

our dogs sit and wait for us when we get home, they definately prefer it when we are around. I've been off sick before and they lay around sleeping most of the day but 16:45 or thereabouts they move to the gate and look out longingly.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

11 weeks old and seems to like cameras

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r32/petdesk/058.jpg

That's an expensive chew toy, German Shepard? Too cute.

so it has been a month since we have had Jett. She is the cutest little thing but crisis she is naughty. My chickens have even lost weight because she chases them around so much

I used to have a border / Maltese cross - his name was Mozart, front half shaggy , arse half little curls, he used to herd our other Maltese poodle all the time. Such awesome dogs ;)

Edited by Uni

Yeah I think so.....years ago when we got married we adopted a little lap dog (ok a toy poodle), and both of us used to work, we left him in our townhouse garden during the day and he used to howl (our neighbors told us) when we left him. Later on we adopted another little mutt and since then the howling stopped.

Toy poms are from the rodent family though, isn't it......... :whistling:

our dogs sit and wait for us when we get home, they definately prefer it when we are around. I've been off sick before and they lay around sleeping most of the day but 16:45 or thereabouts they move to the gate and look out longingly.

Nay man... Toy Poodle not a Toy Pom and he was much cleverer and nicer than any rodent..and braver, once chased a rotweiler down the road...funniest thing i saw in awhile it was.

I used to have a border / Maltese cross - his name was Mozart, front half shaggy , arse half little curls, he used to herd our other Maltese poodle all the time. Such awesome dogs ;)

I love border collies, but the crosses that I've come into contact with have been the most awesome dogs. Characters. Buddy had a collie cross Jack Russel, now that dog was great.

Talking about Border Collies, this is Scarlet that I recently rescued from the SPCA where she had reached her time limit. She is currently with us at Husky Rescue in Johannesburg and desperate to find a home. Lots of typical border collie energy and very affectionate, only 9 months old.

post-268-0-14151700-1394136668_thumb.jpg

Edited by IanJ

Talking about Border Collies, this is Scarlet that I recently rescued from the SPCA where she had reached her time limit. She is currently with us at Husky Rescue in Johannesburg and desperate to find a home. Lots of typical border collie energy and very affectionate, only 9 months old.

post-268-0-14151700-1394136668_thumb.jpg

if I had know about her 2 months ago she would be home with me right now!, she is gorgeous. Is her personality dominant at all? Can you send me more pictures of her as well as a bit of a write up?

if I had know about her 2 months ago she would be home with me right now!, she is gorgeous. Is her personality dominant at all? Can you send me more pictures of her as well as a bit of a write up?

That is a pity, it was about 2 months ago that I picked her up from the SPCA, will get more pics and PM you. To give you an idea of personality I put her in the back of the car when I collected her but before I could get in the front she jumped over the seats into the front and spent the whole trip to Husky Haven with her head on my shoulder. It was very close that I nearly went to my house instead of the Haven. :)

She doesn't seem dominant but she is in a run with two huskies so it is difficult to tell as huskies can be quite pushy.

Very obedient, and confident not scared of people or going into kennels etc.

Edit:

Feedback from Joanne at Husky Rescue, says typical BC, high energy, loves to sit on lap, mostly BC and would make an amazing agility dog.

Edited by IanJ

She's telling you to stop sitting there and come play

And play I did! I ended up with little cuts and nicks all over my arms! Pups have sharp gnashers!

That is a pity, it was about 2 months ago that I picked her up from the SPCA, will get more pics and PM you. To give you an idea of personality I put her in the back of the car when I collected her but before I could get in the front she jumped over the seats into the front and spent the whole trip to Husky Haven with her head on my shoulder. It was very close that I nearly went to my house instead of the Haven. :)

She doesn't seem dominant but she is in a run with two huskies so it is difficult to tell as huskies can be quite pushy.

Very obedient, and confident not scared of people or going into kennels etc.

I hope I am talking to the right person : how is Emily doing ?