Show us your pets

tunariaan

I had to do a double take to make out the dog in the pic - doesn't look like a demon at all :)

I had to google who or what Bagheera is

I can't find the head of the dog.. very strange.. it must be one of those.. when you see it pics..

And erm.. you never watched the jungle book?

Edit.. saw it...

Edited by Gen

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find the head of the dog.. very strange.. it must be one of those.. when you see it pics..

And erm.. you never watched the jungle book?

Edit.. saw it...

glad it wasn't just me :)

i'm sure I have watched / read the jungle book - problem is I have goldfish memory unless something really interests me, and movies generally just mindless entertainment - Baloo I remember though - maybe cause i just like bears  :blush:

At the risk of Ghost-spamming this thread, here's a pic I like. I like his scarf - which is actually a hair band-type thing we got in Clarens...

post-1604-0-57241000-1463734348_thumb.jpg

At the risk of Ghost-spamming this thread, here's a pic I like. I like his scarf - which is actually a hair band-type thing we got in Clarens...

Does Ghost know he's a hipster?

How's your 3 legged one doing btw?

Does Ghost know he's a hipster?

How's your 3 legged one doing btw?

Squamish is doing great! Still just crazy about his ball! Lives for it.

I see a few Beagle owners here.

Are they really as much of a handful as people say?

I want to get one but I've received countless warnings from people about how it's not a great idea if I love my home and garden.

I want to get one but I've received countless warnings from people about how it's not a great idea if I love my home and garden.

Yes indeed they are..

Lovely dogs though.. but shees handful is an understatement.

They do destroy everything.. but only if they are bored... so you'll need to basically keep him tired all the time ha ha ha..

Edited by Gen

I've only known two people with beagles, and the only hassle they both had were that both dogs had a tendency to run off and couldn't be hailed back. Don't know if that's a thing with the breed though.

Edited by Tumbleweed

I've only known two people with beagles, and the only hassle they both had were that both dogs had a tendency to run off and couldn't be hailed back. Don't know if that's a thing with the breed though.

Yes, the lady at Beagle Rescue mentioned that this can be a problem with the breed, because once they pick up a scent they want to follow it and they become oblivious to anything else around them

Yes, the lady at Beagle Rescue mentioned that this can be a problem with the breed, because once they pick up a scent they want to follow it and they become oblivious to anything else around them

Very much so.. they are crazy over scent. And nothing can distract them once they have picked a scent. . Oh man.. we have chased after Bruce our Beagle plenty..

Just to add. They are amazing with kids.. and they have so much love to give..

PS I haven't redone my garden after the puppy years yet.. I reckon another year or 2 before I have the courage.

BRUCE'S favourite pastime is chasing lizards. . Wherever they go.

Edited by Gen

Very much so.. they are crazy over scent. And nothing can distract them once they have picked a scent. . Oh man.. we have chased after Bruce our Beagle plenty..

Just to add. They are amazing with kids.. and they have so much love to give..

PS I haven't redone my garden after the puppy years yet.. I reckon another year or 2 before I have the courage.

BRUCE'S favourite pastime is chasing lizards. . Wherever they go.

hmmm I like my garden.... the dog(s) will be alone until the boys get home from school, so they're likely to get bored.

Then again, any breed might get bored and dig up the garden? Or are beagles worse than other breeds in this respect?

hmmm I like my garden.... the dog(s) will be alone until the boys get home from school, so they're likely to get bored.

Then again, any breed might get bored and dig up the garden? Or are beagles worse than other breeds in this respect?

Puppies generally get up to mischief

Out of all of the dogs we've had we had 1 that didn't destroy our garden and that was our Dalmatian. .

I used to be told that about Labs too. Sure they do like digging, but not all the Labs I have had have been bad diggers. My current digger is a St Bernard. And she's not so much a digger as an earthmover...

But, ja, I reckon boredom is largely to blame. Lots of toys in the garden might help distract a beagle a bit.