Thaba Trails Update

Wendell

Slowly slowly we catch the monkey..just waiting for a good friend to send me the first blue sections that have been specifically mapped as loops....SOUTHFORK......this is entered at PRINCE...the first section is the original "Prince" then exit it turning left for about 250 meters. The next section is "Kudu" a neat little challenge with the inevitable " Bump" about 500m exiting onto the jeep track again. Turning left once more about 100m enter " AMON". Probably one of the most pleasant additions of late. at the exit we turn you upwards to join onto the jeep track once again....the next loop is MZUZU....turning left into it it seems a gentle decent but it eventually turns right into the bush and you will encounter two "tricky" drop offs ( nothing too difficult to walk )..and then it sweeps down and up and down and along and then UP....I have been on the recieving end of some mean words..but it is a challenge and it IS mountain biking.... I admit not an easy climb but absolutely do-able. you will exit this section and go directly into Lawrence which you will exit after a Kilometer, back onto the Jeep track past the entrance to Dave ( we are working on it as it is not to our standard) about 300m turning left you will go through another ruin and return to the green trail again. You need to turn right back onto the anti-clockwise loop past the entrance AGAIN of " SOUTHFORK" OR YOU can do it again.. this is something I enjoy doing as it has so many challenges that you just cannot get bored...the next blue exit is at ABRAHAM....turning right under the power lines.

Edited by Wendell

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We rode out to Thaba early this morning for the first time and hit almost all the 'little' blue loops with a vengeance and all I can saw is WOW! Challenging in every respect, with descents that demand concentration and commitment and short sharp uphills that keep your heart rate and legs pumping, And on the Green route there's some really fun flowing single track. By the time we left the car cark was looking quite full. Well done to everyone involved in making the trails - you really have created something very special there - thanks!