Challenge Cape Town postponed

Garfield2010

Ja, the worst part is that all the international guys think that the event was cancelled due to safety reasons in terms of crime and not road closures. Go check on that slowtwich website's forum.... They really believe that Cape Town is too dangerous for cycling let alone tourism.....

Well done Grant to you and your team. You have really painted a good picture of RSA and in particular Cape Town. :angry:

So sad because nothing could be further from the truth! CT is an awesome city and probably the most user friendly in terms of being a cyclist/triathlete.

What a circus this challenge cape town has turned into!

Anyone get their refunds yet?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yay - got my refund yesterday

Well done Grant to you and your team. You have really painted a good picture of RSA and in particular Cape Town. :angry:

So sad because nothing could be further from the truth! CT is an awesome city and probably the most user friendly in terms of being a cyclist/triathlete.

What a circus this challenge cape town has turned into!

Anyone get their refunds yet?

yay - got my refund yesterday

Good.

Was going to refer you to some of my blood sucking lawyer friends otherwise.

Still wouldn't support this event next year regardless. They lost all credibility in my eyes!

Must agree with all the comments there is absolutely no way anyone in their right state of mind will enter for this event next year considering what has happened this year. It might be feasible for the Capetown locals to enter considering location but folks who have to invest money in flights accommodation etc will not take any chances. Lets not even mention the many months of training.

Must agree with all the comments there is absolutely no way anyone in their right state of mind will enter for this event next year considering what has happened this year. It might be feasible for the Capetown locals to enter considering location but folks who have to invest money in flights accommodation etc will not take any chances. Lets not even mention the many months of training.

Morning All,

Garfield raised a point about the half. There is definitely merits in his thinking, but there are factors beyond just his points which make it impossible just to do the half. But we have been looking at a number of points in that regard.

There have various comments with regards to Hermanus, and a bunch of other suggestions. Bottom line is our sponsors are involved conditionally in racing in CT. Yes,we have been fortunate that the sponsors see the longer picture which this race is and we accept it will take time to build trust.

Refunds:

We have had to wait for the final amounts due from payment provider and in there are two collections processes form the credit card companies which take 4-6 week respectively. Additionally we have had to put in other measures which have taken a little longer than planned to so we can conclude all refunds to put our efforts into 2012. We as anxious to close this out as you guys.

An joint announcement will be happening in the week for the CoCT.

Yours in Tri,

Grant

Hi Grant

Thanks for taking the time to reply to the comments here. Though most of the comments are valid and justified, it is still good that you reply, and it seems like refunds are slowly being made.

I, for one, agree that all is not lost, and that it could still be a great event in the future. But certainly you have your work cut out after a failed start.

Would love to know what the race organising experience of the team is. I assume they have put on other events in order to get the backing of both Challenge international and the city. If not then it's a tough place to learn the ropes.

Refunds:

We have had to wait for the final amounts due from payment provider and in there are two collections processes form the credit card companies which take 4-6 week respectively. Additionally we have had to put in other measures which have taken a little longer than planned to so we can conclude all refunds to put our efforts into 2012. We as anxious to close this out as you guys.

is this another way of saying, we didn't have the money and were hoping more people would take the 2012 entry carry over option?

You would think there would need to be quite a bit in the kitty, as the race didn't happen so loads of expected expenses never came in. Who had first crack at the kitty is the question here for me, not the racers it seems.

Morning All,

Garfield raised a point about the half. There is definitely merits in his thinking, but there are factors beyond just his points which make it impossible just to do the half. But we have been looking at a number of points in that regard.

There have various comments with regards to Hermanus, and a bunch of other suggestions. Bottom line is our sponsors are involved conditionally in racing in CT. Yes,we have been fortunate that the sponsors see the longer picture which this race is and we accept it will take time to build trust.

Refunds:

Yours in Tri,

Grant

Now you just embarrassing yourself dude!

Garfield, do you want an Argus entry?

Thanks but I dont have the cash to come down again. Unfortunately all the cheap flights are gone as well as the car rentals!

No worries... I have done about 6 Argus races in a row now so maybe it is a good time to try something else out.

What happened to the promised announcements/feedback that was again promised?

Edited by Garfield2010

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anybody else like me still waiting for a refund? I first requested a refund back in October and am still waiting. I have emailed at least 5 times in the intervening period and had no response at all. I have called and spoke with Grant and his colleague and each time it seems I was told a pack of lies......on both occasions I was given some excuse for payment not being made and then they promised the money would be with me in a few days....that was nearly 2 weeks ago. Last week I mailed again, CC'ing the international contact details hoping for some kind of response and nothing. I even visited their office earlier today to find it locked and nobody answering when ringing the bell. I have almost given up hope....seems like Grant is using my money to buy his kids some Christmas gifts.

Is there anybody else like me still waiting for a refund? I first requested a refund back in October and am still waiting. I have emailed at least 5 times in the intervening period and had no response at all. I have called and spoke with Grant and his colleague and each time it seems I was told a pack of lies......on both occasions I was given some excuse for payment not being made and then they promised the money would be with me in a few days....that was nearly 2 weeks ago. Last week I mailed again, CC'ing the international contact details hoping for some kind of response and nothing. I even visited their office earlier today to find it locked and nobody answering when ringing the bell. I have almost given up hope....seems like Grant is using my money to buy his kids some Christmas gifts.

After my email and HUB post on 2 Dec i received my refund on 6 Dec.

Best thing is when i got email back form Grant hes title is the Marketing Manager now... Wonder what happened to the Race Directorship..?

Edited by Warrior