Challenge Cape Town postponed

Garfield2010

I have done the IM SA in 2007 in 14 hours. I trained a lot but not long distances. I ran plenty of 20km's and did plenty of 100km's races.

This tiume around I havent trained as often but have gone further. Did the 50km marathon 2 weeks back. Next week it is the 170km bike ride and then taper time with some 10km's running daily and maybe the Satelite classic as well. Should be interesting to see how my body resonds the 6th of November.

Dit gaan egter moer taai wees dit weet ek..

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly question - I don't know the geography of CT well, but will the recent shark attacks and beaches being closed present a problem for the Challenge?

Silly question - I don't know the geography of CT well, but will the recent shark attacks and beaches being closed present a problem for the Challenge?

No, The attacks happen on the Falsebay (warmer) side and the swim is on the Atlantic (colder) side

Edited by gadget

• 3 weeks later...

Vicious rumours doing the rounds that the race has been cancelled.

Comes from top Pro triathletes.

News to be released on Thursday...

:huh:

Why are people talking about it with no concrete info? Surely the person starting the "rumour" has more info? i.e. reasons etc. Surely these "top Pro triathletes" can shed more light?

This is going to be a big deal if true. How much R has already been spent by each competitor.. Good luck to them even trying to hold a race in SA again.

We have been informed that the event is being postponed till further notice

But perhaps it is best to wait for the press press release as confirmation.

We have been informed that the event is being postponed till further notice

But perhaps it is best to wait for the press press release as confirmation.

Sounds like a euphemistic way of saying cancelled.

Definitely cancelled.

Comes from highest authority.

Sorry to all who entered.

Not exactly a surprise - was doomed from the moment they presumed they could get full road closure for the Argus route, for a handful of cyclists. The homework should have been done before the launch, really, not the other way around.

Garfield is going to be :eek: then :cursing: and perhaps much later on :D when he realizes he now has cash to do 70.3 next year

Hey Brad

Could you please provide more info? This is a very dangerous "rumour" to spread around. Who are these pros you are referring to?

Garfield is going to be :eek: then :cursing: and perhaps much later on :D when he realizes he now has cash to do 70.3 next year

And who will refund my flight tickets, accomodation and bike migration payments? R10,000 +

WTF?

Do these guys realize how much effort has gone into this prep? I basically nearly killed myself this past weekend doing a 100km trail run to prepare. I did not even enjoy the finish of the race cause I am only pumped for the CTC?

Perhaps they can move our flights and accomodation + bike migration to the "Jailbreak" race?