Challenge Cape Town postponed

Garfield2010

Garfield is going to be :eek: then :cursing: and perhaps much later on :D when he realizes he now has cash to do 70.3 next year

Jy is reg. Ek gaan bitter emosioneel raak as die stories waar is.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably a bit optomistic to aim for a race with 7 months notice - 4 of which are in SA winter, target market have probably already set goals and committed to events beyond Challenge CT, and Granger bay is FREEZING!(cold water sucks!!). Simple logic suggests organisers should give at least one years notice for an event of this magnitude in order to allow for promotion, logistics and entrants to be confirmed.

They should now confirm for Nov 2012 - better shot at success.

Ja well a few of us actually trained through the winter to make this happen. But lets just wait and see. Rumours could be false as well....

I have no idea whether it has been cancelled or not but there have been some Tweets going around about some impending announcement.

And who will refund my flight tickets, accomodation and bike migration payments? R10,000 +

Will the pharmacy take back all the pain killers?

As predicted... just a wannabe IM event without the IM organization (in SA at least)... feel sorry for the guys that have been training - I know what it's like to train for IM distance events... this really sucks dogs bollocks!

I'd happily do laps of a shorter portion of that was the only option - rather than cancelling. It will suck but not as much as the whole thing being cancelled. Not much we can do other than wait and moan I suppose. Will carry on training. What for exactly, I'm not quite sure yet.

Crap. Check the FB page. Not good

Ya, this thing is not happening. What a shame. Garfield, now you have to push the training out for 70.3!

Not exactly a surprise - was doomed from the moment they presumed they could get full road closure for the Argus route, for a handful of cyclists. The homework should have been done before the launch, really, not the other way around.

Agreed.

Fail to prepare and prepare to fail, simple as that.

Schmucks! and to think that all those athletes have been training the @sses off. Not right hey, just not right

Not exactly a surprise - was doomed from the moment they presumed they could get full road closure for the Argus route, for a handful of cyclists. The homework should have been done before the launch, really, not the other way around.

Definitely - how did they expect to get full road closure for this route with only a few guys - either very naive or very stupid.

I have confirmed with the race director that the race has been postponed. The poor man sounded like he was close to tears. An official press release will be made tomorrow.

Vaaaaaaak. Well no use racıng ıf ıt ıs dangerous due to none road closure. Dont know about the 70.3. Wıll have to fınd a new reason to traın. Very dıssapoınted.

I have confirmed with the race director that the race has been postponed. The poor man sounded like he was close to tears. An official press release will be made tomorrow.

So he has confirmed it with you....but he is leaving all the athletes hanging on a thread.This is a disgrace and i don't think he will ever get sponsors again.

He knew he didn't have the road closure but still went ahead with the entries.I wonder where the moneys will go to now?

Garfield...keep training till 70.3 and use this as a base ;)

I'm changing my focus to Jailbreak. Have done the training, may as well put it to use. I also have to do SOMETHING with my Kulula air tickets, non-refundable, non-transferable. Jailbreak is cheap, may as well do it.