Tell me Im wrong!

Iron

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/12062-giant-xtc1-29er-hardtail-upgraded-price-drop/

So if you looked at the above add you will see I wanted this bike ( nice way to get into the 29er thing before I drop a lot of mullah on the carbon bike I have on order ) . the add has been placed 3times and each time I make an offer ( as do other people ) the dude just deletes the add and re posts it. Never comes back to you.

Am I too old fashioned to expect some basic common decency

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No rule against being a Douche!

Doesnt mean you have to deal with him.

Maybe he is incapable of negotiation or just a doesnt want to - its not going to help his sale though.

No rule says you have to respond - but it is good manners - manners cant be enforced.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/12062-giant-xtc1-29er-hardtail-upgraded-price-drop/

So if you looked at the above add you will see I wanted this bike ( nice way to get into the 29er thing before I drop a lot of mullah on the carbon bike I have on order ) . the add has been placed 3times and each time I make an offer ( as do other people ) the dude just deletes the add and re posts it. Never comes back to you.

Am I too old fashioned to expect some basic common decency

It's cause you didn't call dibs.

Mmmm dont know here!

I palced many ads here. Lets say I want 1000, I would get a reply like, "when can I pick it up for 500"

Then I need to reply and explain that I spent 1200 and now want 1000. Then I get a reply like, " I can get it from Frikkie new for 800. Then I need to go on and say "well buy it from Frikkie.

Then he will come back and ask "how long is it"

Then I will say "check out the web site for specs"

Then he will say what does it weigh.

Then I will say "dont know, it is not on the damn thing, I do not have an electronic scale and I am not driving to my LBS to weigh it cause the petrol there and back is more than my profit.

Then the oak wants it posted to some dorp where only special delivery oaks go in four times fours, for free.

After all of this the oak just drops off the globe.

Now, I dont reply to these silly questions. You want it, you find out the postage costs,weight, how many teeth she has etc.

Funniest is the oke has stated almost every time, even since he wanted R18.5k for the bike that he won't drop the price any more but will keep it if he doesn't get his price. Now we're on what, R15.9k ? Keep the bike oke!

Iron, I see TCRCARBON said he can get 2011 for less...... PM himand see if you can get a better deal there :thumbup:

This Shimano555 is a real 'box'. If all is as you cay, he doesn't want to sell it anyway :rolleyes:

Funniest is the oke has stated almost every time, even since he wanted R18.5k for the bike that he won't drop the price any more but will keep it if he doesn't get his price. Now we're on what, R15.9k ? Keep the bike oke!

Are you talking about this :clap: UPGRADED :clap: Giant XTC ?

I am so glad people are making comments. I have been dying to rip into this oke.

You are wrong. Don't buy a Giant. Buy that special bike that you want. You know you will enjoy the Circus dude....

I just thought to myself, If you are srious about offers, you must maybe have an option for only hubbers with above x amount of posts to reply to a sale. MOst of those above 500/1000 would be serious buyers. someone with less than 100 posts... might not be that serious. Just an opinion.