Tell me Im wrong!

Iron

Mmmm dont know here!

I palced many ads here. Lets say I want 1000, I would get a reply like, "when can I pick it up for 500"

Then I need to reply and explain that I spent 1200 and now want 1000. Then I get a reply like, " I can get it from Frikkie new for 800. Then I need to go on and say "well buy it from Frikkie.

Then he will come back and ask "how long is it"

Then I will say "check out the web site for specs"

Then he will say what does it weigh.

Then I will say "dont know, it is not on the damn thing, I do not have an electronic scale and I am not driving to my LBS to weigh it cause the petrol there and back is more than my profit.

Then the oak wants it posted to some dorp where only special delivery oaks go in four times fours, for free.

After all of this the oak just drops off the globe.

Now, I dont reply to these silly questions. You want it, you find out the postage costs,weight, how many teeth she has etc.

That's a very irritating tree, I don't blame you for getting upset.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong. Don't buy a Giant. Buy that special bike that you want. You know you will enjoy the Circus dude....

Thanks , thought it was me who was being stupid :P

I have my name down on a plastic circus bike , but this would be great for me to see what all the "clowns" are raving about :P

And then i would keep it and .... what for it ..... make it a single speed !

I have the XTC 29er...AWESOME bike! Excellent value for money btw....I can just upgrade oneday to a new frame and have top components on still :D

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Dibs! FFS!

Bwhahah , its like the class clown who keeps jumping up at the back "pick me pick me "

OK sorted. He who dies with the most toys, wins.. Niner?

ha ha , Im ahead of you then .My wife is not impressed but hay at least i dont hangout in bars getting smashed and come home drunk and wreckless :blush: , i buy toys some for her and soommee for mmmeeeeee

ha ha , Im ahead of you then .My wife is not impressed but hay at least i dont hangout in bars getting smashed and come home drunk and wreckless :blush: , i buy toys some for her and soommee for mmmeeeeee

I won't ask what sort of toys you buy for her… <_<

I won't ask what sort of toys you buy for her… <_<

Toys for boys...and toys for tw**s...naah!! never mind... {picks up mind out of gutter}

I just thought to myself, If you are srious about offers, you must maybe have an option for only hubbers with above x amount of posts to reply to a sale. MOst of those above 500/1000 would be serious buyers. someone with less than 100 posts... might not be that serious. Just an opinion.

The majority of my previous sales have been to Hubbers with less than 100 posts. I sold a frame to someone with no posts (admittedly it turned out I knew him off-Hub). I have also received some pretty outrageous offers from people with well over 500 posts.

Dont know the guy, but I am sure he just wants some of his money back.

I feel for the guy.

He has had plenty of other bikes for sale, I think he imports them from somewhere and sells them here. He had a very nice Specialized Tarmac which he let go (eventually) for a damn good price. Might be a good person to buy from if he can get such bargains.

He has had plenty of other bikes for sale, I think he imports them from somewhere and sells them here. He had a very nice Specialized Tarmac which he let go (eventually) for a damn good price. Might be a good person to buy from if he can get such bargains.

Not sure this is the same guy. his price for this second hand 2009sorry 2010 Giant is more than the cost new!

Edited by Iron