Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

Hmmm... Will Phinney be able to defend pink on Wed.

He is standing up for the interview.

Looks okay, with a slight limp. And ice on the ankle.

Geez, these dudes are tough.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do they do when I rider goes down meters before the finish, and needs to get treatment?

Yo!

One Farnese Vini rider did a perfect bunny hop over the sprawling Cavenator on the deck.

The next one crashed .

Saw that ....was kewl ....lol

TTT

Stage 4

*every Grand Tour should have one, I say*

BMC should do well here for Phinney to hold on to pink.

Watch out for Astana and Sky.

http://cdn1.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/04/27/2/t04_verona_alt_sopr_600.jpg

So what do they do when I rider goes down meters before the finish, and needs to get treatment?

A crash in the final few kms, I think 3, will allow the rider to finish with the time of the main bunch.

This rule is to protect the GC contenders, mostly.

A crash in the final few kms, I think 3, will allow the rider to finish with the time of the main bunch.

This rule is to protect the GC contenders, mostly.

Yes, but the crashed rider still needs to make it across the finish line under his own power to be classified as a finisher.

@MarkCavendish: Apparently Roberto Ferrari has said to journalists, when asked about the incident, that he can't see what happens behind him & doesn't care.

So I guess Mr Ferrari is now a marked man. I would watch my front wheel very closely if I were him. :ph34r:

Looks like he is doing the chicken dance!

http://www.grassyknolltv.com/2012/giro-d-italia/photos/stage-03/560-PIC277025354.jpg

He might as well, he is still in the race..

So I guess Mr Ferrari is now a marked man. I would watch my front wheel very closely if I were him. :ph34r:

That was a real bad switching on Cav's front wheel... :thumbdown:

That was a real bad switching on Cav's front wheel... :thumbdown:

Yeah, it was but I am pretty sure it was unintentional and in the rush of the moment he made a mistake. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Liquigas looked a lot more solid today, kept Basso right up at the front, even though it was clear he was puffing and blowing to maintain the pace. Even Lampre seemed to have settled down a bit and I saw Cunego peeping out at the front occasionally. The 15 odd km circuit was really nice to watch as well, and they were really shunting at stages, I saw the average was 44 odd kmph over the 190 kilometers.

Yeah, it was but I am pretty sure it was unintentional and in the rush of the moment he made a mistake. I wouldn't read too much into it.

The race jury relegated Ferarri from 10th to 192nd as it was adjudged as Dangerous Sprinting, GOG.

Phinney has his disco shoes on in that chicken dance... :-)

Race leader, Taylor Phinney, a victim of the crash, was initially the last finisher for the stage, but given the same time as the winner Matt Goss (Orica-GreenEdge).

UCI regulations stipulate that riders involved in a crash in the last three kilometers of a stage, except on mountaintop finishes, should be given the same time as the group he belonged at the time of the incident.