WC DH Team Rumours

ichnusa

They've left Commencal and are rumored to be on GT next year.

On the local front Johan Potgieter (pottie) and Stephan Garlicke has been picked up by Canfield Brothers for next year. The plan is to once again do all the European events. This time with propper race support. The team is apparently based in Austria.

From what Pottie told me they will be getting full race support and all the bikes and kit that comes with that but no salaries. So any personal sponsors out there looking to invest in SA racing?

Great news. Hopefully they get some backing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Brendan's Scott. Wonder who the new beneficiaries of blackbox tech will be if the SCS are off it as well (Hill, Brosnan, Hart.. qui d'autre?)

post-6789-0-14373000-1326053146.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Andrew Neethling is on Blackbox. I think he's also a Red Bull rider now. Saw him at the MX track the other day wearing a Red Bull t shirt. It could just have been a t shirt.

Apparently Brendan isn't riding the Voltage this year, something else...

" No not racing on the voltage, just for pissing around on and for some whips In USA. You just wait for the downhill bike, going to be sweet."

One of his tweets

nice to hear needles getting some +rep from major sponsors.

Yep Peter: rumormill suggesting it's a carbon frame from scott. wonder if it's rocking 27.5 wheels because it's rumored two major bike manufacturers, presumable Giant and Scott, placed massive orders from Fox for 27.5 compatible forks. No better place to test your high tech toys than the WC DH stage.

in the 'family' photos on the GT website and pinkbike, the one of marc beaumont....his face looks like he just found out was the adopted kid suffering molestation.. it's really sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

New year, new signings, new rumours...

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/forums/2012/09/18/A3E7ihMCMAAeOwe.jpg_large_682815.jpeg

I reckon:

Hill, Macdonald, Neethling, Peaty, Bryceland, Nick Beer, Brosnan, Stevie Smith, Hart, Brannigan.

I dont really know what they mean by wanted though? I would think that guys like Peaty, Ratboy, Hill, Brosnan, Smith all have quite cushy deals that will run into next season?