Fastest 29'er for R50,000 ?

stockcarracer

woah woah woah. Dude.

If you want sub 9.5kg on a 29er there is only one brand that can take you there.

Its Cannondale.

However, Cannondale's flash 29er 1 for 2011 weighs in at 9.7kg's and is R58k.

The new ultimate 29er will probably be sub 9kg's (just guessing)

but will cost around R75-R80k.

For R50k, you might have to settle for sub 10.

Sub 10 on any MTB is flippen good, and on a 29'er you'll be paying extra for new techonology.

Fast? Light? MTB? What is the world coming to. I'm definitely directing Sean to this thread.

Firstly, as i am sure you are well aware, the legs make the speed, not the bike!

Secondly, 50k is a huge budget, spend some time searching and reading the various threads about this exact question.

Thirdly, go test ride every bike you have one your list, only you will be able to say what is the best bike for you.

My choices for XC:

Santa Cruz Tall Boy

Niner Jet9 RDO

Specialized Epic Carbon

+1

1. I'm 169cm and 64kg.

I am 1.76 and have not found a 29er that i was really comfortable on.Even the small 29ers have a top tube of more than 60cm and even with a 80mm stem i wasn't happy.

Why does it have to be a 29er?

If weight is your primary concern, go for the Cannondale Flash Carbon 1 2011.

Full xtr and mavic slr wheels, weighs 8.7kg i think.

It is a 26er though.

1. If you are old enough to own your own house or car, buy a 29'er of R25k and put the rest down on debt. Unless you are world calibre, a R25k 29'er would be just as fast as a R50k bike.

2. If you are NOT of house/car owning age, give your dad his money back. No kid should have a bike that expensive.

Good example is a friend of mine cycling for Contego, Louis Bresler Knipe. He uses a Giant XTC29er, the aluminium one as he is waiting for his frame still. He got a 7th position at K2C and won various other races....but then again...if you can't race like a pro, atleast look like one :D

Canondale Flash Carbon 29er

Agreed - the debate ends here, contact Omnico and order your size.