What should I pump my rear shock to??

Graash

Hi Hubbers,

I recently bought a Giant NRS2 with a Rock shox SID rear shock. Apparently this bike has such a specific pivot system and that whole "20% sag rule" for rear shocks does not apply to this frame and shock. I can't seem to find a chart for it on the net or anything which can give me any idea as to what I should pump the + and - chambers to for my weight.

Can anyone help me?

Attached is a pic of a bike like mine that I got off the web just so you know what you dealing with and a pic of my actual shock.

post-9933-0-71965800-1318261199.jpg

post-9933-0-03436600-1318261209.jpg

Where did you get that info from? I'm not sure you were correctly informed. My NRS rode just fine at 20%. The manual told me to do it.

:unsure:

Weird. SAG is sag, it doesn't apply to a particular frame.

By the by, you'll need a shock pump.

Not to be confused with surprise butt sex.

I have also heard that the nrs runs zero sag but not sure how you get that right. Try asking a giant agent lbs.

Zero sag is easy. It's called a hardtail ;)

Weird. SAG is sag, it doesn't apply to a particular frame.

By the by, you'll need a shock pump.

Not to be confused with surprise butt sex.

haha, I have got a shock pump, just not sure what the hell to pump it too. I was told that this type of frame and system must not run with 20%, and that I must follow the specific charts. Apparently this NRS2 was the last frame Giant made with this type of pivot system because they didn't patent it and Bianchi now makes this system and has Patented it.

haha, I have got a shock pump, just not sure what the hell to pump it too. I was told that this type of frame and system must not run with 20%, and that I must follow the specific charts. Apparently this NRS2 was the last frame Giant made with this type of pivot system because they didn't patent it and Bianchi now makes this system and has Patented it.

There's your clue dude. Set it as for Bianchi. :thumbup:

There's your clue dude. Set it as for Bianchi. :thumbup:

I would if I could find the set up for the Bianchi bikes like this.