Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

;)

As you earlier pointed out its a dirty habit, I agree with this, but why would you even joke about with something like this? Just seems strange, especially when he is looking at a possible knighthood and is no doubt a hero & roll model to loads of kids.

What makes you doubt it? There have been plenty sportsmen that have achieved greatness that smoke

Pat Symcox comes to mind....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you earlier pointed out its a dirty habit, I agree with this, but why would you even joke about with something like this? Just seems strange, especially when he is looking at a possible knighthood and is no doubt a hero & roll model to loads of kids. What makes you doubt it? There have been plenty sportsmen that have achieved greatness that smoke

Perhaps, but very few at the very top level of a sport where your cardio is make or break.

But yeah, I saw the Daily spoof article ,and many feel they have the cat by the balls.

Perhaps, but very few at the very top level of a sport where your cardio is make or break.

But yeah, I saw the Daily spoof article ,and many feel they have the cat by the balls.

OK Symmo is out. That's why he bowled spin and not pace :w00t: .... I recall him chuffing on a B&H at a test match while chilling on the boundry!

• 3 weeks later...

Also slipped a while back. Dont let it bother you and just keep focussing onthe task at hand.

Clean your bike with a toothbrush of something smaller to pass the time. Lol

Also slipped a while back. Dont let it bother you and just keep focussing onthe task at hand.

Clean your bike with a toothbrush of something smaller to pass the time. Lol

Hahahaha! I'll use a earbud...

Lol - Found this on another forum:

3-Days

The first 3 days are the hardest when giving up smoking. This is the time that the nicotine is still in your bloodstream, and telling you that you need another smoke. If you use nicotine replacements e.g. patches, gum, or other, rather than going "Cold Turkey", this may stretch on for longer. During this time you may experience unexplainable aches and pains, from headaches or tooth aches, to stomach cramps and even down to your hair hurting. This is all lies the nicotine is telling you to try and make you have another ciggy.

3-Weeks

After 3 weeks you will feel as if you never smoked. Your body will be clean, and you no longer have the need to smoke, or the feeling that you miss it. The smell of smoke is still familiar and nice, but not enough to make you want to have one, and too much smoke (e.g. a smoky bar) can, in fact, be too much. You don't want to smoke any more.

3-Months

By this time you have been off cigarettes for so long you believe you are immune. You wouldn't mind having the odd puff with a few drinks, and start to borrow one or two off your mates when out. After a while you think you might just buy a packet for the evening, since you're just going to borrow them anyway. You won't smoke the whole packet. The next morning there is half a packet next to the bed, so you slip this into your pocket and start out your day. Later on in the day you have a ciggy, because you aren't addicted anymore, and can have the odd one. Bang, you're hooked again.

Lol - Found this on another forum:

3-Days

The first 3 days are the hardest when giving up smoking. This is the time that the nicotine is still in your bloodstream, and telling you that you need another smoke. If you use nicotine replacements e.g. patches, gum, or other, rather than going "Cold Turkey", this may stretch on for longer. During this time you may experience unexplainable aches and pains, from headaches or tooth aches, to stomach cramps and even down to your hair hurting. This is all lies the nicotine is telling you to try and make you have another ciggy.

3-Weeks

After 3 weeks you will feel as if you never smoked. Your body will be clean, and you no longer have the need to smoke, or the feeling that you miss it. The smell of smoke is still familiar and nice, but not enough to make you want to have one, and too much smoke (e.g. a smoky bar) can, in fact, be too much. You don't want to smoke any more.

3-Months

By this time you have been off cigarettes for so long you believe you are immune. You wouldn't mind having the odd puff with a few drinks, and start to borrow one or two off your mates when out. After a while you think you might just buy a packet for the evening, since you're just going to borrow them anyway. You won't smoke the whole packet. The next morning there is half a packet next to the bed, so you slip this into your pocket and start out your day. Later on in the day you have a ciggy, because you aren't addicted anymore, and can have the odd one. Bang, you're hooked again.

Exactly what happened to me.

I had a bit of a slip up. Three days clean again. How you guys doing?

I stopped for three days about two weeks ago, and then started again :cursing: So frustrating.

I stopped for three days about two weeks ago, and then started again :cursing: So frustrating.

I know its hectic dude. I wish I never started to begin with. Seriosly the stupidest thing I ever did was to start smoking.

I know its hectic dude. I wish I never started to begin with. Seriosly the stupidest thing I ever did was to start smoking.

I've done some dumbass things in my lifetime, and have to agree with you there, stupid mistake. Keep the faith, we will get there :thumbup:

Gave up 5 years ago and it was one of the smartest decisions I have ever made. I won't touch it again.........ever.

Hang in there guys and remember the first one is free then the crap starts.

I've done some dumbass things in my lifetime, and have to agree with you there, stupid mistake. Keep the faith, we will get there :thumbup:

True dude. Feeling good about about it again!