Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

R7 x R30 = R210 saving in one week, not seeing it in my wallet though :)

thats the weird thing. somehow you always had money for smokes, but once stopped you dont know were that money is?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

day 7 for me now, haven't used any pills, patches or gum, but I must say my apatite has gone up quite even though I am full I still crave something to eat, :(

Try eating healthy foods. I read in an article that the nicotine actually regulated your insulin releases or blood sugar ( not sure what is the correct terminology). I then started to focus on low GI foods and after a while it worked and I could manage the food cravings a bit more.

Smoked my last cigarette at 8:30 this morning.

I feel fine at the moment. No strange cravings to be honest.

I did prepare myself mentally for the past two weeks. Every single cig I smoked I told myself how *** it tastes etc.

Also did the audiobook version of Allan Carr's Easy way to quit. Understanding addiction is the first step to recovering from it.

Seems to be working quite well.

Hmmm, this guy at my work trying to quit. He's popping pill of some sort...I just overheard him complaining about feeling nausea on it...will ask him what pill it is.

Ok scratch my post out. I read a message and thought it was the last message in this topic.

:S

My bad!

Hmmm, this guy at my work trying to quit. He's popping pill of some sort...I just overheard him complaining about feeling nausea on it...will ask him what pill it is.

Did you draw the night-shift?

:S no sorry! I meant, I only heard tiny bit of the convo - pill making him feeling sick. Not what pill or how long he's been on it.

He was chatting to another smoker. I don't smoke, so wasn't really listening.

:S no sorry! I meant, I only heard tiny bit of the convo - pill making him feeling sick. Not what pill or how long he's been on it.

He was chatting to another smoker. I don't smoke, so wasn't really listening.

Champix. Excellent pill, but yes, nausea....

Well, today marks a full week of no smoke for me.longest I've ever quit in 10 years.

Champix. Excellent pill, but yes, nausea....

Well, today marks a full week of no smoke for me.longest I've ever quit in 10 years.

Well done, and now its weekend so you can get some more riding in to take your mind off it!

10 Days is easy to make into 11 days and 11 into 12....!

Well done, and now its weekend so you can get some more riding in to take your mind off it!

10 Days is easy to make into 11 days and 11 into 12....!

yep, heading over to Parys tomorrow for the 24hr!.

Champix.  Excellent pill, but yes, nausea....

Congratulations. It's all downhill from now, youve reach the top of your "climb". Im on day Day 10 and every day is getting easier and easier. I can now eve stand outside with the guys at the office while they smoke without wanting to light up myself.

Congratulations. It's all downhill from now, youve reach the top of your "climb". Im on day Day 10 and every day is getting easier and easier. I can now eve stand outside with the guys at the office while they smoke without wanting to light up myself.

found myself in that position twice yesterday around other smokers, to be honest I didnt even notice that I am not doing what I used to do...

I like this non-smoking thing - it's quite nice :thumbup:

My last day of smoking today, I'm determined to make this work.

Well done to all the others that have quit, keep up the great work.

My last day of smoking today, I'm determined to make this work.

Well done to all the others that have quit, keep up the great work.

ja, make it work! And if it doesn't, just keep on at it!