Cape Storm Return Policy

cyclingfan

@Capestorm: That's the way. Step up to the plate. Just gone up a few notches.

Oh, and @Puncher: Rude and abusive. Or just plain rude. Or rude and offensive. Google. Sending a customer something like that is rude, as it shows a lack of concern for the customer. (Even though the customer may not know his jean pant from his cycling pant, which his girlfriend still has anyway) ;)

I don't need google to decide if a responce is acceptable or not. But here's one for you, google pendulum and see if you can join the dots.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need google to decide if a responce is acceptable or not.

It's terse and dismissive of the customer's concerns. I'd be pissed off if I received a reply like that. I'd be in crap if I sent one.

Thanx to Cape Storm. I was contacted and the problem was solved now I will be able to see if this is

such a good product as I was told after all.!!!!!!

In this case, the CPA would only cover items that are faulty or if they don't meet the requirements you gave them at the time of sale.

It does not cover you if you want to return the item because you don't like it or you made a mistake.

You are wrong in this regard. The shop/supplier doesn't get to make up the terms anymore. That's what the CPA was set up to stop. Regardless of an item being old stock/ new stock, on sale or not, the customer is entitled to return the item for a full refund within 6 months of purchase. You also don't need to give any reason for returning the goods. So long as the goods are in a boxed/sellable condition they shop has to refund you in full.

Shops will obviously try to abuse these rules where they can, but believe me if you hold your ground they will abide. A simple email to the NPA will get this ball moving. We had a case a while back with a large home retailer wanting to only refund us the 'on sale' amount for a large amount of linen bought about 4 months prior. The manager quickly changed his tune when I pointed out that what he was doing was illegal, and that I'd be notifying the authorities.

Cape Storm is a reputable brand, and they will sort this out on principle. They can't by law have a 'no refunds' policy if they are selling. It's illegal and I hope after this they will check up on the conditions of sale sections in the documents.

At the end of the day this is just a pair of shorts, but believe me, when it's a 500k car or something else big, it helps to know your rights from the start.

You are wrong in this regard. The shop/supplier doesn't get to make up the terms anymore. That's what the CPA was set up to stop. Regardless of an item being old stock/ new stock, on sale or not, the customer is entitled to return the item for a full refund within 6 months of purchase. You also don't need to give any reason for returning the goods. So long as the goods are in a boxed/sellable condition they shop has to refund you in full.

Shops will obviously try to abuse these rules where they can, but believe me if you hold your ground they will abide. A simple email to the NPA will get this ball moving. We had a case a while back with a large home retailer wanting to only refund us the 'on sale' amount for a large amount of linen bought about 4 months prior. The manager quickly changed his tune when I pointed out that what he was doing was illegal, and that I'd be notifying the authorities.

I'm afraid you are the one mistaken and you are lucky that the home retailer was ignorant of the CPA.

Section 20 covers the right to return goods and says you may return non-faulty goods for full refund if:

1. They were bought through direct marketing and are returned within the the cooling off period.
  2. When you bought goods that you couldn't examine before delivery and they weren't what you ordered.
  3. The supplier got the order partially right or
  4. You told the supplier you needed the goods for a specifc purpose and within 10 working days you found they were unsuitable for that purpose

Consumer Watch blogs on the subject:

http://www.iol.co.za...turns-1.1059296

http://www.iol.co.za...ed-up-1.1094320

Full Act:

http://www.info.gov.za/view/DownloadFileAction?id=99961

Edited by Edman

@ Puncher: Thank God Cape Storm don't see things the way you do. That's why they are still a premier brand. Oh, I tried joining the dots on the pendulum, but they wouldn't keep still.

My friend bought me a Cape Storm cycling shorts in JHB yesterday and unfortunately they do not

fit. I E-Mailed Cape Storm asking what there return policy is and this is what they replied. So please

make sure you buy the right thing because taking it back is a no-no. So now I own a very nice cycling

short wich a lot of people rant and rave about but I can not comment on the quality.

"Capestorm does not offer Exchange or Refunds on Sale items, This policy is written on proof of purchase.

Please advise whether I can assist you further.

Kind regards,"

I'm with CapeStorm here.

If it was a SALE time, most likely bought at the current SALE(my assumption, appears to be likely), then you have to play by the rules of a SALE.

SALE is voetstoots. you don't buy stuff for a mate at a sale and then expect them to swap it out because you took a guess on the size and fit. The whole point of a sale is to shift stock quickly, often in odd sizes etc. They sure as hell don't want all the odd sizes coming back now since the deal hungry crowds have gone. In this case I see you're probably looking for a refund, which is a bit more acceptable. But running to the socialmedia after they stated what the policy of their SALE items are is just *** style in my books. We (the customers in general) want these sort of companies to enjoy putting on SALEs, as we all win.

I'M GETTING WORRIED THAT THIS IS BECOMING AN EFFECTIVE FORM OF COMPLAINT, PLEASE LET'S NOT ENCOURAGE THIS AND TURN THEHUB INTO HELLOPETER.COM

sorry if this sounds like a rant on a rant, but i think you've abused the complaints channel here. the chris king complaint is a more valid one in my mind - http://www.thehubsa....is-not-so-king/

Maybe a seperate complaints page could be built, so shops can see when people complain and sort it out and if you don't want to you don't have to read it ;)

The dude did try the correct channels but got no love.

Complain on the Hub and Cape Storm took the time to register, log in and sort him out.

points for cape storm and a happy customer.

Win win!

Edited by YUMEYA

Thanx to Cape Storm. I was contacted and the problem was solved now I will be able to see if this is

:clap:

You've got to love the power of the hub

Hello "Cyclingfan",

Please could you PM me your contact details. We would like to sort this matter out for you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Nelia

021 761 2021

Good on you Cape Storm. :thumbup:

They are. And you won't be sorry. If you are also into high and rugged places, that kit lasts forever too !

Thanks to Nelia Smit from Cape Storm. She really went out of her way and apologised for the

original mail which I received from somebody else.

i missed this yesterday, did you actually get more back than what you paid initially?

so you're saying you could go and cleanup the (for instance) bicicletta firesale with everything at half price.

return it for a refund

haggle

send an email to npa

double your money?

if that's the case then good luck seeing another SALE

Cape Storm was prepaired to return the goods for another size of the same price. Which

I was more than happy to accept.

i missed this yesterday, did you actually get more back than what you paid initially?

so you're saying you could go and cleanup the (for instance) bicicletta firesale with everything at half price.

return it for a refund

haggle

send an email to npa

double your money?

I read it as reading that he bought them at full price and then wanted to return them at a time when they were on sale..

He still wasn't actually entitled to any refund covered by the act.