Cyclist dies on chapmans peak

Zula

Very sad story.

Well said Joe Low. I sure as hell would not want to die 'doing something I love'. I do the things I love for fun, not to die (and a lot of those things are risky). And I also want to live for as long as possible, after all you only get one life (and it's not short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 46.5 and my dad died at 47 of a heart attack.

There is no "good way to go" at this age and our options are not limited to "fading away in an old-age home". Or maybe I should start liquidising my food now. sheesh, this wasnt a good post.

I would leave a widow after 25yrs of marriage and 3 kids including an 8yr old. There wouldnt be any warm glow if i died on my bike rather than in my sleep.

Condolences to those left behind.

My sister had a heart attack and passed away on 31 August.She was only 47 :o

Edited by gummibear

Sad post - condolences to the family. My dad died of a heart attack going up Suikerbossie on his bike while training for the Argus in 1990. He was 48.

I still think of him every time I ride up there myself. If he had to go, it was a "good" way, but our family was devastated all the same. At least there's no one to hate for it (except God I suppose...).

Edited by RacerX

Our group rode past a few minutes after he collapsed and a couple of other cyclists and two motorists were attending. We stopped to see if we could help - of course - but they waved us on as he was clearly beyond help. It was very sad...