Cyclist dies on chapmans peak

Zula

47 Hmmm ... now that makes me feel a whole lot better . Condolences to family and friends.

How does "47" make u feel better?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s sad .I must sort out me details always tell my wife were I’m going but I think a card or band of some sort is better. What about a cell phone where do you save emergency numbers? If somebody must use your phone where will they get numbers of family and friends?

That’s sad .I must sort out me details always tell my wife were I’m going but I think a card or band of some sort is better. What about a cell phone where do you save emergency numbers? If somebody must use your phone where will they get numbers of family and friends?

Save an emergency contact under ICE on your phone. Get an Ice ID: ICE ID

Enter the name as *emergency* then the number. That way it will be the first number in your add book. That's wot mtbers do. Only prob is medical are not very good single track runners.

I have kept one of my old phones, got an extra sim card and only saved the most critical numbers on my phone. My wife, parents and closest friends. This way people can call anyone on quickly and I am guaranteed that I have airtime on the phone. :D Also I don't like the idea of riding with an expensive phone.

Another good idea is to save the number you want someone to call under "ICE - Name". Paramedics are trained to look for that number first.

Hi guys

Not sure if this was covered but on Saturday morning we witnessed a cruel incident.

Coming down chappies toward noordhoek at about 7am, a cyclist who was riding by himself was apparently found lying stone cold in the middle of the road riding toward Cape Town. When we got there, a couple motorists and cyclists had stopped and moved the man onto the pavement where he lay dead.

So it would seem that he had a heart attack or stroke.

This was really shocking to see and our hearts were bleeding for his poor family who would be dealt some cruel news.

They seemed to be struggling to find some form of ID. Guys we always have to wear an iceid or er24 bracelet type thing with all our details on. It could save your life!

Life is a gift, enjoy every single day because when the big man calls, its game over.

:o

Sad for his family and I'm not being funny: but

Cycling down Chappies! That's gotta be right up there with the top 3 ways that any cyclist wants to go.

There was a time when Chappies was banned, I've only done it twice - that's one of my top cycling memories!

May his family be comforted, in the fact that he died while doing something he probably loved

Rode past him early Saturday.

What a way to go. Said a pray and rode very cautiously the whole way home.

Bless his family.

Guys for ID purposes, take your old Discovery Med Aid card, punch a hole in it and attach it to the zip on your hydration pack... it is visible and will give people all of your details...

done...

:blink: how many roadies do you see riding around with those ball sacks on their back?

RIP fellow cyclist!

Poor oke. On the other hand, I can't think of a better way to go: quick, doing the thing you love in a beautiful place instead of fading away in an old-age home

I'm 46.5 and my dad died at 47 of a heart attack.

There is no "good way to go" at this age and our options are not limited to "fading away in an old-age home". Or maybe I should start liquidising my food now. sheesh, this wasnt a good post.

I would leave a widow after 25yrs of marriage and 3 kids including an 8yr old. There wouldnt be any warm glow if i died on my bike rather than in my sleep.

Condolences to those left behind.

Edited by Joe Low