Tour of South Africa 2012 -Canceled

cyclenut

the thing is you need guys with drive and passion for business as well as the sport at the same in the most influential positions...

Not these Greg and Barry "feed my own bank account and belly" guys!

100%

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Permission to change this thread title to "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"?

Permission to change this thread title to "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"?

Coffee..keyboard :clap:

So are they going to put on a watered-down version with the 70% they did manage to get?

How can plans, 70% put together over some months, fall 100% flat in 5 days?

Perhaps the CSA dude knew about the tour cancellation when he put on a brave face for Supercycling last Tuesday, telling everyone all is A o.k.

How can plans, 70% put together over some months, fall 100% flat in 5 days?

Perhaps the CSA dude knew about the tour cancellation when he put on a brave face for Supercycling last Tuesday, telling everyone all is A o.k.

Maybe he didn't want to get flamed with questions on Super Cycling??

but, secondly...

CSA found sponsorship for the 2011 ToSA in Cell C and primedia or who ever... but did such a pathetic job at the managerial and sporting aspect of the race that no sponsor would want to align themselves with CSA again for 2012. So with regard to that aspect, yes i think if you gave Kevin 12mil and said organise the tour of SA he would be able to put on a spectacle that the world would watch. But the problem lies squarely on Greg Till and Barry Mocke... (by the way, who was Barry Mocke before he joined CSA?) they got the 12mil or what eva it was, and didn't have a cooking clue how to spend it in the best interest of the race, the riders, the public or the sponsors...

the thing is you need guys with drive and passion for business as well as the sport at the same in the most influential positions... Andrew Mclean, Doug Ryder, Malcolm Lange, Barry Austin, Hendrik Lemmer... look at those guys, their passion for the sport is unquestionable and the business's they run are successful and known by all in the cycling circles... these are the guys that need to be running the CSA show. Not these Greg and Barry "feed my own bank account and belly" guys!

Agree'd!