and the most pathetic brand back up goes to...

mrbaker

MAVIC

Absolutely rubbish, pathetic, disgraceful back up with regards to their wheel parts.

My LBS has had my SLR rear wheel since July and are waiting for the correct axle from the Bloody Agents :angry:

But it's ok - I have already convinced three guys I ride with not to buy the Mavic brand and rather go for XTR or A/Classics.

I'm sure I can improve on this figure too - why should we support companies who don't offer us decent after sales service.

I was also looking for a second wheelset whilst my wheel has been MIA and I bought an awesome set of Cobalt 3 wheels :rolleyes:

MAVIC

Absolutely rubbish, pathetic, disgraceful back up with regards to their wheel parts.

My LBS has had my SLR rear wheel since July and are waiting for the correct axle from the Bloody Agents :angry:

But it's ok - I have already convinced three guys I ride with not to buy the Mavic brand and rather go for XTR or A/Classics.

I'm sure I can improve on this figure too - why should we support companies who don't offer us decent after sales service.

I was also looking for a second wheelset whilst my wheel has been MIA and I bought an awesome set of Cobalt 3 wheels :rolleyes:

So. Mr Baker

Would you be referring to MAVIC International, or MAVIC Agents SA?

So. Mr Baker

Would you be referring to MAVIC International, or MAVIC Agents SA?

I would obviously be refering to the local agents as I said brand back up.

Now they represent the Mavic brand internationally - so would it also not be fair to take a dig at them??

You could try and argue long shipping times etc, but isn't 4 months for an axle for a very popular wheel a little excessive?

Now they represent the Mavic brand internationally - so would it also not be fair to take a dig at them??

You could try and argue long shipping times etc, but isn't 4 months for an axle for a very popular wheel a little excessive?

If you and the shop were SO desperate to get the wheels back it would have been easy enough for you to source the part from somewhere else.

CWC said to me when I was at their shop recently that you can tell him (Chris Junior) anything you want and he will source it, import it and charge a small commission for the hassle.

But it seems that you would rather pay (x) amount for a new wheelset than go through the trouble of finding the part.

But it seems that you would rather pay (x) amount for a new wheelset than go through the trouble of finding the part.

On a brand like that, you don't need to go through ANY trouble at all.

If you and the shop were SO desperate to get the wheels back it would have been easy enough for you to source the part from somewhere else.

CWC said to me when I was at their shop recently that you can tell him (Chris Junior) anything you want and he will source it, import it and charge a small commission for the hassle.

I built up a second bike which is why I needed the second wheelset.

I mentioned it to show how bad service can make a customer choose another product instead of sticking with the same brand.

Why should he spend time chasing down the part when that's what the agents are supposed to do? This is supposedly the reason why it's better to buy through the local channels.

Edited by Edman

Its because the keep tight control on the distribution channel. Compare this to Hope where you can get all the goodies, parts, tools from a number of sources on-line, like CRC and UK Bike Store, etc

Waited even longer for a Lefty front wheel hub, they kept promising next shipment, next shipment, I eventually bought it through CRC - cheaper and no problem with stock.

Forget I asked

OK, let me make it simple.

Mavic is a well established brand, it's been around for many years.

Many people have bought in to the concept.

Now theoretically to do the brand justice, there needs to be good, make that great representation and back up service to keep the integrity of the brand in tact.

So in short, with a brand like Mavic, you don't need to go through ANY, and by ANY I mean no trouble at all to get something as simple as an axle.

RE: I knew what you asked in the first place, but instead you thought that everyone might come out and attack you, thus you could not interpret what I said, I thought my response was quite clear, but hope the above helps you.

When the XTR or AC hubs go,then what will you tell them to buy?