and the most pathetic brand back up goes to...

mrbaker

When the XTR or AC hubs go,then what will you tell them to buy?

I would hope they get the hubs replaced without the hassles I've had...And if they do - there would be no reason to go to another brand.

I think this is a case of the bike shop being less than persistent.

If you want it bad enough, you'll make a plan to get it.

Personally, If the wheel is working well, I would go the trouble (or lack thereof - dangle) to get the spare I need and if all else fails, order through an online site.

maybe your financial situation is just very relaxed?

But I think this might be down to your LBS??

i know some people will flame the OP for not waiting 10 years and sending 50 emails to the agents but i actually think these are the most useful types of threads that pop up on the hub. it lets the future / potential buyers get a taste of what they will be dealing with wrt specific brands

i know some people will flame the OP for not waiting 10 years and sending 50 emails to the agents

You gotta love this kind of attitude. He gets bad service and suddenly it's his fault for not trying to do the agent's job for them.

You gotta love this kind of attitude. He gets bad service and suddenly it's his fault for not trying to do the agent's job for them.

The title and OP were confrontational, so there was confrontation - its how we roll :)

Then the tide turns and there's some sympathetic stuff.

Followed by a random free-for-all.

Wake me up at the end.

Replacements are always a ballsache for the lbs & there's nothing in it for them, so there isnt a lot of pressure in the system, regardless of brand.

Whenever I have needed advice or info I have always spoken directly to Llewellyn at Dragons and he has been very helpful. Very clear that I would have to buy the part through a lbs, but friendly and helpful.

MAVIC

Absolutely rubbish, pathetic, disgraceful back up with regards to their wheel parts.

My LBS has had my SLR rear wheel since July and are waiting for the correct axle from the Bloody Agents :angry:

But it's ok - I have already convinced three guys I ride with not to buy the Mavic brand and rather go for XTR or A/Classics.

I'm sure I can improve on this figure too - why should we support companies who don't offer us decent after sales service.

I was also looking for a second wheelset whilst my wheel has been MIA and I bought an awesome set of Cobalt 3 wheels :rolleyes:

Give CWC a call. I believe they bring Mavic in and would love to show the "official" agents what service is about. Mmmmm reminds me of a story with a bloody good ending a few years back. Haha

Give CWC a call. I believe they bring Mavic in and would love to show the "official" agents what service is about. Mmmmm reminds me of a story with a bloody good ending a few years back. Haha

Yeah - you are right - I'll try the best service guys in the bike industry CWC :clap: ...It's just a pain to have to do other peoples jobs for them.

But that seems to be the trend these days.

I've also found Llewellyn very helpfull on the phone, but Dragons Mavic service suck's balls, I also changed wheels because of their crazy policy, I taco'ed my SL's and wanted a new rim to get them rebuilt, they said No, I need to courier the wheel to them at my cost, pay R500 for the labour, as only they can do it (Being policy and all), they could not give me a cost for my rim, and I would have to wait 6 weeks for the rim to arrive anyway, I asked why and they said because it is policy, I complained that the policy was in efficient and basically stupid, Dragons could have cared less, they said somethin g along the lines that they need to check if it is "their" imported stock, not a grey import. I said "I will send a pic of the Mavic SA barcode on the rim". They would not do it as they could not be sure that the pic is from my rim, so they went from *** aftersales service to basically telling me that they do not trust me, and that I possibly could be lying, so I bought some Cobalts instead. Loved the wheels, but aftersales service is what we crave, long after the thrill of buying new components fade, and the maintainance etc begins.

I've also found Llewellyn very helpfull on the phone, but Dragons Mavic service suck's balls, I also changed wheels because of their crazy policy, I taco'ed my SL's and wanted a new rim to get them rebuilt, they said No, I need to courier the wheel to them at my cost, pay R500 for the labour, as only they can do it (Being policy and all), they could not give me a cost for my rim, and I would have to wait 6 weeks for the rim to arrive anyway, I asked why and they said because it is policy, I complained that the policy was in efficient and basically stupid, Dragons could have cared less, they said somethin g along the lines that they need to check if it is "their" imported stock, not a grey import. I said "I will send a pic of the Mavic SA barcode on the rim". They would not do it as they could not be sure that the pic is from my rim, so they went from *** aftersales service to basically telling me that they do not trust me, and that I possibly could be lying, so I bought some Cobalts instead. Loved the wheels, but aftersales service is what we crave, long after the thrill of buying new components fade, and the maintainance etc begins.

Sounds like a horrible experience!

I wonder why Mavic International dont check up on these guys. Someone should just send them a mail and tell them how useless their RSA agents are.

The sad thing is they probably wont care too much because in all likelihood we are 1% of their global clientele.

Yeah - you are right - I'll try the best service guys in the bike industry CWC :clap: ...It's just a pain to have to do other peoples jobs for them.

But that seems to be the trend these days.

And therein lies a conundrum. Because of pathetic service, on the part of an apathetic individual, you have now 'convinced' three mates not to buy a world respected brand.

If I get fed rubbish by either an LBS, or a brand agent, a simple email to the International Brand House usually sorts it out immediately.

Did you do that?