Cycle Lab - Bad customer service

Mr SingleTrack

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bru don't worry about any of these guys say (not all of them) :D Just a bunch of guys that think being an "Ultimate Hubber" means you are a cyclist :clap: I laugh every time some of these guys post :w00t: You had the right to speak your mind and it was poor service.

However Cyclelab is not to blame, it's the sales man. Maybe he had a bad day ^_^

+100000

Mr SingleTrack,

Basically GROWUP ! you should have gone direct to a manager or Andrew the same day ! then you would not have to slate anyone on a forum . we dont care how much you spend and what you drive ......

Take to the shop for them to fix, of course.

I am an engineer. This makes me pedantic. The term 'stretch' used here irritates me since it's mostly wrong. Even though everyone knows what it means.

With proper care it is possible to eliminate the problem before the first ride (this I what I did with all my bikes), but lots of shops don't seem to do this.

Mr Edman. How do I stop my chain from stretching? :unsure:

Is everyone missing the fact the OP spoke to the manger in the shop on the day this happened? Seems like he never got the response then that he liked, hence why he came on here :rolleyes:

Mr Single Track,

I apologies for this poor service! I have chatted to Ben to understand his side of the story. I understand what his reasoning was but

clearly his communication to you was poor.

Ben is Ugandan and his communication style and Vocab is is not always what we would like or expect of him. He does however have many other great qualities that many customers can vouch for.

Please contact me [andrew@cyclelab.com 0r 011 7074700] so I can apologies personally and make amends for this poor service.

Please in future contact me and I will guarantee I will sort out any issue long before it needs to go to a public forum.

Andrew McLean

P.S. Whether you are window shopping, spend R1 or a lot more you deserve great service!

Well done Andrew.

Your post has possibly hilighted the real issue....

Is everyone missing the fact the OP spoke to the manger in the shop on the day this happened? Seems like he never got the response then that he liked, hence why he came on here :rolleyes:

Clearly , because he did not say that in his first post.

I take it you mean MANAGER?

And yes we did. Because he didn't.

Nubbin.

Don't pull on it too hard.

If you must pull your chain, you can stop it elongating too much by lubing it. This is different to pulling your wire.

The best way to completely stop stretch and elongation it to put it in a box.

Now compared that to Solomons in Woodmead. Had to re-fit new front derailer. Asked the boss-man behind the counter if they could help me,he called one of his mechanics, and fitted it, no problem. He didn't want me to pay for it. But I did end up buying something at the shop, while they fitted it(Think outside the box). That's service. I will go there again and make referrals.:clap:

You're the table bay beach white pant w@nker?

:o

You're the table bay beach white pant w@nker?

:o

Well at least that solves that then!

Can you merge the threads then ModMerge?

Hopefully they shall then end. :D

Don't pull on it too hard.

If you must pull your chain, you can stop it elongating too much by lubing it. This is different to pulling your wire.

The best way to completely stop stretch and elongation it to put it in a box.

Must you lube it before you put it in a box? :blush: