We've started with the NEW CWC ONLINE MTB Track

CWC Online

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've started one in my back yardn and the work is back breaking

Thats nice, it takes me 10secs to go from the one side of MY backyard to the other side. Or its more like 5secs.

Edited by koukie

Are there any tech sections or can we just expect a smooth flowy single track loop?

The suggestion of doing a 24hr race there is interesting, but it would also be interesting to do a night XC race series in the whole of the Durbanville area ... there sure are enough trails to accommodate for this.

24 hour race is definitely on the cards. We have some nice camping facility's on the site BUT whats more important is that we want you all to pop in , test the track an give us some feedback what you think of it and what we should do.

Once you have ridden on it we need as much as possible feedback and advice and off course helping hands.

24 hour race is definitely on the cards. We have some nice camping facility's on the site BUT whats more important is that we want you all to pop in , test the track an give us some feedback what you think of it and what we should do.

Once you have ridden on it we need as much as possible feedback and advice and off course helping hands.

Nice ... will do my best to come over this weekend, could a 6yr old on a 16" BMX cruize this route at all?

Thats nice, it takes me 10secs to go from the one side of MY backyard to the other side. Or its more like 5secs.

Plot living does have it's advantages!

I only have 1.6 hectares but I reckon I can squeeze in a 1km twisting main loop - after that I'm gonna start putting in jumps, berms, rock gardens, pump section etc.

How to build a trail 101:

Google earth your property.

Map out a course - try and use natural obstacles/fun things as much as possible.

Take motorbike and mark out/rip up said course.

Remove grass clumps (this is the back breaking part!).

Ensure you have enough drainage and know how the water runs through said property.

Start adding random things.

Ride!

Plot living does have it's advantages!

I only have 1.6 hectares but I reckon I can squeeze in a 1km twisting main loop - after that I'm gonna start putting in jumps, berms, rock gardens, pump section etc.

How to build a trail 101:

Google earth your property.

Map out a course - try and use natural obstacles/fun things as much as possible.

Take motorbike and mark out/rip up said course.

Remove grass clumps (this is the back breaking part!).

Ensure you have enough drainage and know how the water runs through said property.

Start adding random things.

Ride!

Lucky You!

A friend of mine once built a pump track in a smallish back yard ... it proved good new years entertainment and also veered through his wife's rose garden!

Big store, coffee shop, track. Almost sounds like a good reason to visit Slaapstad again....

Good enough to move here, but wait, you get more.....Majic forest, Contermanskloof, Hillcrest, Meerendal.......Nitida dual slalom.......Jonkershoek........Tokai forest.....Oak Valley, Lebanon.....what am I forgetting?.....and all for the very cheap price of having to drive like an idiot.

Lucky You!

A friend of mine once built a pump track in a smallish back yard ... it proved good new years entertainment and also veered through his wife's rose garden!

Ha ha - thats what life is all about. Being adults is rather boring - we are expected to be too mature to have fun. Screw that I say - I spend enough time in the board (bored?) room already. Outside of 9-5 I'm 13 years old who beats life into a paste.

I know for sure Louis Knipe's input will help a lot for the track since he is a experienced mtbiker!! I can't wait! My 29er is ready! Maybe we all can meet when the opening is and try it out ;)

Edited by MTB_Roadie