Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chokers, reminds me of the Stormers
So are you saying that the Stormers are the number one side in the world at the moment? No wonder its raining all over the country. It takes a big man to admit that the opposition have outplayed and outclassed your own team all season. Well done Oom. Edited by MorewoodMad

...but back to Cricket.

It seems that the English media were more hung up about the poor decision that saw Kallis walking back to the dressing room than what our own media and players were. Duminy and Philander showed pure class yesterday. If we can get 300 on the board we'll be in with a real chance. Without KP I cannot see the English side accellerating the game to put them in a winning position by close of play today.

...but back to Cricket.

It seems that the English media were more hung up about the poor decision that saw Kallis walking back to the dressing room than what our own media and players were. Duminy and Philander showed pure class yesterday. If we can get 300 on the board we'll be in with a real chance. Without KP I cannot see the English side accellerating the game to put them in a winning position by close of play today.

Yeah if the tail keeps wagging like this i think 300 is on the cards. After being 70 odd for 4 this is nice claw back by the guys. Also looks like the wicket is offering the bowlers something. Looking forward to day two

Chokers, reminds me of the Stormers

Thanks for your once again positive contribution! Your life must be great always being so overly optimistic...

This is a seamers pitch and i am sure Dale is going to get some revenge for those beamers he got.

If they get any type of assistance like the english got Vernon and Dale will rip through their top order.

But did you see the swing they got when it was overcast, it was ridiculous.

Yeah if the tail keeps wagging like this i think 300 is on the cards. After being 70 odd for 4 this is nice claw back by the guys. Also looks like the wicket is offering the bowlers something. Looking forward to day two

The Vern is the key here, but don't underestimate Dale, Morne and Imraan's contributions. Dale should approach the morning session as if he is sent in as night watchman. Leave everything wide or short and play forward defensive to the fuller stuff. This would allow The Vern to play himself in a bit. If we can hang around for an hour or 90 minutes, we should get to 300 and we would have a perfect opportunity to have a burst before lunch

The Vern is the key here, but don't underestimate Dale, Morne and Imraan's contributions. Dale should approach the morning session as if he is sent in as night watchman. Leave everything wide or short and play forward defensive to the fuller stuff. This would allow The Vern to play himself in a bit. If we can hang around for an hour or 90 minutes, we should get to 300 and we would have a perfect opportunity to have a burst before lunch

:thumbup:

I am hoping for some serious wagging of the tail. If the guys can get us to a 350 total, England will be under some serious pressure. They have to play to win, and with a 350 score, it could be difficult for them to force a result. Maybe I am just dreaming.

Thanks for your once again positive contribution! Your life must be great always being so overly optimistic...

I just laugh when i read his posts

I am hoping for some serious wagging of the tail. If the guys can get us to a 350 total, England will be under some serious pressure. They have to play to win, and with a 350 score, it could be difficult for them to force a result. Maybe I am just dreaming.

350 is a big ask, but then again the game of cricket is a funny thing

It was hectic to bat in conditions yesterday. Amla got bowled by a mean ball and Pieteren and Kallis got bad descisions. Smith, JPD gave their wickets away by chasing wide ones, and in combination this put us in a lot of trouble. Still, I would only call it a choke if they bowl and field poorly and fail in the second innings as well. Give credit to England, too - they are difficult to beat at home.

Smith/team brains trust perhaps a bit negative to decide to bat first imo. Plan may have been to bat for 2 days, close down the opportunity for England to win by using up time and not batting last. The aggressive approach would have been to make use of best conditions for bowling and get them out for under 300. If the track flattens out, England could end up batting once and we would then bat last.

Average scores at Lords over last 10 years ...

1st Innings 397

2nd Innings 299

3rd Innings 320

4th Innings 204

Quite interesting that from that you could deduce the team batting first has done better on average ...... but i dont think you can judge until both sides have batted.

Can't see 350.I hope not but I expect them to roll us over quite quickly this morning.Then we will see how well we can bowl.Apparently there is rain expected through the day

When Smith choose to bat first at the toss, it was bright sunshine. So at that time it was the right decision.