Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad result considering we were a batsman short in each innings. We also missed JP's little off breaks when the Aussies were piling on the runs.

There were some key moments as well:

1/ Amla's LBW was not referred. It was going over the stumps.

2/ Clarke definitely nicked a ball and the 'hot spot' machine was not showing it.

3/ JP's breakdown was a big loss.

Great contest.

Those Aussies are very tough.

Clarke is a good leader.

There were some key moments as well:

1/ Amla's LBW was not referred. It was going over the stumps.

2/ Clarke definitely nicked a ball and the 'hot spot' machine was not showing it.

3/ JP's breakdown was a big loss.

Great contest.

Those Aussies are very tough.

Clarke is a good leader.

think that no-bowl from morkel at the end of day 3 that had Cowen caught behind was a big moment aswell.

what a contest. maybe play Imo as in the next test!? Rory was alil disappointing as he bowled to many no-bowls. he should get another shot tho thumbup1.gif

Mouth watering contest its going to be

True, babse...

Many no-balls from the bowling unit.

Selection choices will be key for the Adelaide Test.

Maybe time for Rudolph to sit out. I really rate him, but not set anything alight. I would play Thami as keeper, let AB bat only and bring in Faf for JP. Rory was disappointing , but all the bowlers struggled a bit throughout. I think Tahir is a must for Adelaide though.

I'm quite keen to see Hilfinhaus get a bat next week too.

Misreading the pitch didn't help SA's cause either. It was not the monster green top they expected. Their bowlers didn't seem to have a plan "B"

I hope they use the long break before the next Test to work on the front foot issues.

Maybe time for Rudolph to sit out. I really rate him, but not set anything alight.

I just dunno why he can't work on his bowling more too, there must be a reason for it. He was basically a top spinner at junior level and went to Terry Jenner's academy in perth. they totally (o(ked up his action, but whilst there he started taking his batting seriously and look what happened.

I'd also like to see what jacques kallis could do as a spinner, maybe he would be *** but surely it's worth a shot and could keep him injury free for longer.

Don't believe they will let Thami in.

Seems De Villiers is set in the dual role to optimise the team's depth.

The 2nd test is gonna be a good one!

IMO if they gona play another keeping they need to get in a long term solution... thami not a long term solution! i rate Dane vilas as he is scoring tons with the bat aswell.

Rudolph played so well to force his way back into the team bt he hasnt impressed ever since... doesnt score freely and looks very edgy. hw many more chances will he get???

IMO if they gona play another keeping they need to get in a long term solution... thami not a long term solution! i rate Dane vilas as he is scoring tons with the bat aswell.

Rudolph played so well to force his way back into the team bt he hasnt impressed ever since... doesnt score freely and looks very edgy. hw many more chances will he get???

Vilas, Vilas, Vilas! I can't believe they didn't jump at the opportunity to get him into the side when Boucher got injured. A more than capable gloveman who really has potential to be a world class aggressive middle order batsman. He could be as useful to us as Prior is to England.

so it's no cricket for a while, bit hard to ignore this little titbit. maybe i'm reading too much into this and even though it is natural i don't think it looks good at all. just feels like there are two camps, staaldraad taught us that this is bad.

Assistant coach Russell Domingo, middle-order batsman Jacques Rudolph, physiotherapist Brandon Jackson and performance director Paddy Upton will be diving at the world's largest coral reef. The bulk of the squad, though, will be on the beach. Graeme Smith, Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, Faf du Plessis, Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel are driving up the coast.

white boys

Alviro Petersen is headed directly to Adelaide to spend time with a friend, while Hashim Amla, Imran Tahir, Vernon Philander, Rory Kleinveldt, Robin Peterson and Thami Tsolekile will stay in Brisbane and make the occasional day trip. Dean Elgar, who was added to the squad after JP Duminy's Achilles' injury, will meet up with them on Thursday. Duminy has a follow-up visit with the surgeon who performed his operation on the same day and is due to return home to South Africa at the weekend.

non white boys

Double century for Clarke.

BOWL THEM, Proteas, AND STOP with the no-balls

I must say, I have huge respect for Clarke, even though he is an Aussie.

Probably his standout characteristic is that he will always go for a win, even if the possibility is very small. He is a really positive captain and always challenges the opposition.

I must say, I have huge respect for Clarke, even though he is an Aussie.

Probably his standout characteristic is that he will always go for a win, even if the possibility is very small. He is a really positive captain and always challenges the opposition.

Agreed, M...

He seems kind as well, more likeable than the chewing Ponting.

Many no-balls from the bowling unit.

Morkel is working hard on his title as a serial noballer :(

He should really work on that. Being tall is not an excuse.