Cricket......

E1A104

looks like the aus victory will be as convincing as ours was on wed. halfway there already without loss going at 10 per over.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like the aus victory will be as convincing as ours was on wed. halfway there already without loss going at 10 per over.

More convincing at this rate

!!!

New ODI Batting Record 264 by Rohit Sharma:

After becoming the first batsman in history to record two ODI double-centuries, and breaking the record for the highest score in the format, Rohit Sharma said...

"It's important to look at the team score, because that's how you will build your innings, you need to know where your team stands," Rohit said, after his 264 off 173 balls powered India to 404 for 5 against Sri Lanka. "It's important to know what the score is and how many overs have been bowled, and how many overs of each bowler are left. I think it's very important to think when you're batting, and that's what I did."

Cricinfo

!!!

New ODI Batting Record 264 by Rohit Sharma:

After becoming the first batsman in history to record two ODI double-centuries, and breaking the record for the highest score in the format, Rohit Sharma said...

"It's important to look at the team score, because that's how you will build your innings, you need to know where your team stands," Rohit said, after his 264 off 173 balls powered India to 404 for 5 against Sri Lanka. "It's important to know what the score is and how many overs have been bowled, and how many overs of each bowler are left. I think it's very important to think when you're batting, and that's what I did."

Cricinfo

i do think that it is a amazing achievemnt (fisical and mental), but to be honest i dont make to much of it.  These guys are regularly playing in the ideal conditions to put up big scores and its no surprise that the only 3 players to score 200+ is india players and all of them scored in india.  these guys put on big performances in india, but every where else in the world they struggle.

this score however i think is gonna stick around for a while as Sri-Lanka had an absolute blinder of a game and just imploded in the field

Edit

Can someone tell me why they keep on going with Mclaren,  he is not the answer to our problems in my opinion.  He always goes for runs and sometimes get some runs with the bat.  Doesn't make sence to me, but maybe im just blind and cant see the potensial.

Edited by Oxter

i do think that it is a amazing achievemnt (fisical and mental), but to be honest i dont make to much of it.  These guys are regularly playing in the ideal conditions to put up big scores and its no surprise that the only 3 players to score 200+ is india players and all of them scored in india.  these guys put on big performances in india, but every where else in the world they struggle.

this score however i think is gonna stick around for a while as Sri-Lanka had an absolute blinder of a game and just imploded in the field

Edit

Can someone tell me why they keep on going with Mclaren,  he is not the answer to our problems in my opinion.  He always goes for runs and sometimes get some runs with the bat.  Doesn't make sence to me, but maybe im just blind and cant see the potensial.

He is ranked 11th and for a very long time was in the top 10, he is struggling a bit of late but he is still good. Would love to see Abbot get another crack though.

WOW that was horrible to watch, I am actually so frustrated with how crap we bowled and fielded we deserve to get a massive hiding for this disgusting performance

Edit

In my mind he's an 'almost' man. He's good, really good. But not world class and comes in the wake of all conquering jacques kallis. He's an above average bowler and an above average batter. don't think he'll ever nail down a permanent slot in the side but will always be in the squad.

lets look at the ODI numbers

matches - bowling average - runs per over

strike bowlers

dale steyn - 89 - 25.5 - 4.8

morne morkel - 83 - 24.4 - 4.8

philanderer - 18 - 24.2 - 4.3

bits and pieces

mclaren - 51 - 25.2 - 5.2

parnell - 29 - 29.9 - 5.5

spin

jp duminy - [81 bowling innings] -40,2 - 5.0

imran tahir - 24 - 18.7 - 4.2

robbie p - 77 - 37.2 - 4.89

Exciting stuff

South Africa will play their first four-Test series in six years when they host England in 2015-16. The tour is scheduled to include four Tests, five ODIs and two T20s and will run from December 11 to February 21.

cricinfo

We need a big one from the #, as a matter of fact both of the openers owe us some runs of late...

Chasing 330 with the pitch apparently predicted to become slower as the game progresses.

# with another ton

South Africa require another 106 runs with 7 wickets and 12.5 overs remaining

If AB bats through, we win!