Cricket......

E1A104

49 minutes ago, Mntboy said:

The stories from the players with credibility was heart breaking. I particularly felt for Ashwell Prince as I view him as one of the best to have represented our country. There's plenty to work on from that point of view. I agree with you regarding CSA. I've taken to referring to them as the Carelessly Silly Administrators given how things have gone in recent years. That said I am hoping that this new group will rise to the challenge of winning back our trust by showing us that they are competent and capable of running the game, otherwise headhunting Smith to help their reputation would prove to be a colossal waste of time and money. 

The person I have been most impressed with this past week has been Temba Bavuma. He has handled this incredibly well and shown immense leadership and diplomacy when it has been most needed. I can see why Quinny spoke so highly of him in his statement. England will be a big challenge but perhaps for once our guys can play with freedom given that most of us don't see them progressing past the group stage and score an unlikely upset victory over the Poms. I will still be keeping my fingers crossed that the Aussies somehow slip up against one or both of Bangladesh and West Indies but I'm not counting on it.

Temba deserves credit for sure, I pity any captain that has to sit in a post-match conference and field questions about his employer in stead of his team’s performance on the day. He showed great leadership indeed. I hope he can start converting all of his 40-49 scores into 50+, for his own confidence and also for the sake the team. 

Playing with freedom could be our biggest advantage. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

nothing, I repeat, NOTHING will give me greater pleasure than seeing India not qualify for the semi's... (well, maybe some things, but that is R rated and this is a family show ;))

image.png.eb28cda58e6b3aa63a18c4e19dbb0bb9.png

India can still make it.

If AFG can beat NZ, then big wins by Ind over scotland and nam (like 70 runs).

three big iffs there though, 

in other news it would be great is BAN can pull one over against AUS right now. losing a wicket in first over not a good start though.

44 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

in other news it would be great is BAN can pull one over against AUS right now. losing a wicket in first over not a good start though.

BAN beat Aus (B team mostly) 4-1 in a home T20 series last month.

they're 62/6 currently, so looks like it's rather the Windies we'll need a favour from

27 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

BAN beat Aus (B team mostly) 4-1 in a home T20 series last month.

they're 62/6 currently, so looks like it's rather the Windies we'll need a favour from

Bangladesh (15/20 ov) All out for 73

C'mon Chris Gayle!

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Bangladesh (15/20 ov) All out for 73

C'mon Chris Gayle!

sherbert, they chased that down in 6.2 overs

Aus went from = -0.6 RR to + 1.0

and now if australia win against windies, we need to win by more against england.

if they lose, we need to lose by much less.

One thing that stands in our favour is that we will know exactly what is required from us before the first ball is bowled in our match as their match concludes just before ours starts.

Edited by Vetplant

11 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

One thing that stands in our favour is that we will know exactly what is required from us before the first ball is bowled in our match as their match concludes just before ours starts.

It is almost certain that we will have to klap the Poms properly in order to stand a chance of finishing in the top 2. 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:42 PM, gemmerbal said:

NZ need to lose to either Afghanistan or Namibia for India to stand a chance of advancing… ????????????

one down there

kamaaan Windies

https://www.news24.com/sport/cricket/t20worldcup/calculators-the-toss-and-quinnys-knee-5-things-the-proteas-must-get-right-against-england-20211105?fbclid=IwAR0oHC-Bx-Rp3oFeo00lBqY8XvCWtNQsqm7KX_ADwBwt_pUVpuawMIo0Dwg