Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going mental:

Although Netherlands are unable to catch a flight out, it is understood the players have communicated they are not in the right mental state to play - CricInfo

• 2 weeks later...

oh gee wow. just like that the Ashes has started!!

They need anew captain, because the guy they put in is no longer legit enough.

except they knew that when they put him in and covered it up.

and they did the whole rebirth and values around him, including a massive documentary series

obviously steve smith is still persona non grata enough not to be captain, but can still play.

So short of otheroptions in the batting dept, Pat cummins the new aussie captain

which is rare, a bowling captain.

JRod looks into it. very interesting.

if you don't have the time. his on field nickname is "cider"

why?

cummins = cum insider her

they might need to drop that one.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:25 PM, 'Dale said:

Ashes 2nd Test, day night - hope the English kick some azzz, keeping the Ashes lekka tense

The poms dont have the arsenal to win this Ashes. Poor captaincy, poor team selection, poor fielding, weak batting line-up.

Risk-averse CSA finalised their decision on no-spectators for the Boxing Day Test

Apparently Virat’s 100th Test coming up; what a career. 

Nortje's hip injury rules him out for the Test series. His absence is a massive blow to South Africa - he is their leading bowler in Tests this year. Nortje has taken 25 wickets from five Tests at 20.76, six ahead of his nearest team-mate, Keshav Maharaj.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 7:25 PM, 'Dale said:

Ashes 2nd Test, day night - hope the English kick some azzz, keeping the Ashes lekka tense

Let’s not mention the ashes. What an abysmal display. 

2 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Sad that. Can’t help but think the recent political bs possibly played a factor. 

I agree

Yoh didn't know this thread is still around...hahaha 

Anyway, following the SAvsInd Series quite closely so far and here are some of my thoughts;

• DE is an absolute leader who shows grit even when literary taking blows to the chin. He has been a standout player and is the backbone to holding our lineup together.
  • Keagan Peterson who looks like he arrived late for his u19 game, has impressed. Coming in at no.3 against any team is always a massive task yet alone against Bumrah, Shami and Lord Thakur. 
  • Talk of bringing Bavuma in at 3 then Peterson and Rassie, will be an excellent move IMO as Bavuma needs to bat earlier and gives Peterson less pressure when he arrives at the crease
  • Kyle verreynne has been knocking on the door for some years at club and provisional level so was the obvious choice to come in and keep wicket. He can hold the bat and I recon will score some decent runs. 
  • Maharaj has been okay but hindsight probably should have opted for extra batter instead.
  • Rabada has been good at time but something seems up with him. He seems grumpy and all the no balls are really no excuse, sort out your run up and get your damn foot behind the line!
  • Jansen is star in the making. Ice cool and shows some real promise.
  • Overall I've been impressed with the fight this team has shown against a quality unit like India. Many positives with new faces showing some fight. Still lots of inexperience in this squad but enough experience guys to pull in through. Hoping they can put it together at Newlands again. (also hope they get Pant cheaply in both innings, that lil guy drives me up the wall) 

Edited by babse