Cricket......

E1A104

5 test series are now only for ausies and england (ashes)...bleh!!!

i blame this T20 phase the cricket world is going through

load of bull if you ask me :thumbdown:

I can't stand the format..put me off the game big time..but now if you read articles about the ipl and India becoming the powerhouse of cricket you realize it is not going away...not sure how to remedy this but my sense is that unless they can somehow market a world test cup..the future of cricket does not look good

Edited by Stretch

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand the format..put me off the game big time..but now if you read articles about the ipl and India becoming the powerhouse of cricket you realize it is not going away...not sure how to remedy this but my sense is that unless they can somehow market a world test cup..the future of cricket does not look good

a test championship is on the cards

2017 with England of all places set to host it (which means 50% of play will be rained out)

the inaugural championship will only be between the top 4 test playing team at the time!

i hope the ICC gets this right

absolutely hate this T20 business! might sound ironic but as a cricket player, T20 boars me! <_<

a test championship is on the cards

2017 with England of all places set to host it (which means 50% of play will be rained out)

the inaugural championship will only be between the top 4 test playing team at the time!

i hope the ICC gets this right

absolutely hate this T20 business! might sound ironic but as a cricket player, T20 boars me! <_<

yip..thats why i say it has to be marketed well

5 test series are now only for ausies and england (ashes)...bleh!!!

i blame this T20 phase the cricket world is going through

load of bull if you ask me :thumbdown:

India are playing a 5 test series against England in 2014

SA in real trouble against Pakistan. 162 / 1 for them. We have also managed to use 7 bowlers in the 53 overs where Pakistan managed to use only 4 bowlers in a disciplined first innings. It seems like we are playing for a Pakistan mistake rather than working on getting the batsmen out.

Well, it was nice to have been the no 1 team for a short while. Gary gone, how long before the no 1 ranking is gone, too?

Well, it was nice to have been the no 1 team for a short while. Gary gone, how long before the no 1 ranking is gone, too?

Not too surprising, looks like our guys still wear Livestrong bands...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/168900/168989.jpg

that could also be attributed to Sri Lanka cancelling the tests on us (perhaps we could have come away with a 1 all result there to get extra points) and India cancelling some tests on us in our back yard.

Perhaps its time for Faf to pull another one out of the hat for us tomorrow and on Friday to bat out the test match like he did against the <phlem> Aussies <phlem>

Guest Latent Blue

Matt please close this thread. This is too painful!

I see we are heading for a humiliating 4th day defeat on a flat wicket, unless Faf can repeat (unlikely with the lack of cricket for him in the last 8 months). Painful, I thought this test team was better than that.

Coach & management must shoulder a lot of blame imo, it was poor planning ( perhaps arrogance?)to try play with most of the squad coming from a long holiday.

I reckon Kirsey is digging this, takes india to #1 spot and they freefall as soon as he leaves. First match for RD and this happens (after we drilled the pakis at home in feb). Obviously a lot more to it than that, this is just a blip for us.

Also this is not a problem for our #1 status, We're miles in front. Currently on 135 points, eng on 116, india 116, pakis 97,

if we lose 2-0 we go to 125, 1-0, 127, 1-1 131. Eng stay on 116.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/rankings-predictor/test

http://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/rankings-predictor/test

Back on cricket, was listening to multiple callers the other day on the radio moaning about racist selection in our cricket. The non-selection of Thami Tsolekile is the only real point, and it’s a very tenuous one to say that he stayed on the squad but out the starting eleven just because of his race.

I’m actually surprised that the Proteas are not used as role models more often. They are the world’s best test team and are picked on merit. We have blacks, muslims, coloureds, ex pat pakis, boertjies, souties in the extended squad and it works. #Amla is #1 batsman in tests and odi, the philanderer is #2 bowler in tests and lopsy is top5 in ODI bowling. And this is all with a dysfunctional federation in the background. The top2 domestic coaches last year were Geoff Toyana and Gogga Adams.

Sure we’d love to see the next Makhaya in the team but I don’t think CSA isn’t trying (that’s pretty much Makhaya’s job). I can’t say whether things are as good further down the system at school/age group level but leave our proteas alone.

Proteas just a bit rusty after months of no Test arena.

Watch them kick azzzz in the 2nd encounter.