Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They've done it before against the English...

We'll done, men in orange.

england were in such a rush to get home, they had already packed their bags and had to borrow orange kit for the game.

http://i.eurosport.com/2014/03/31/1209975-25262691-640-360.jpg

the hash imitator is not the real deal

KP laughing is arse off

If I was a cricket supporter, il ask for the ecb management resignation.

I may not be a fan of KP attitude but you can't drop your best batsman for a World Cup, his presence couldn't add to the woes of the team, now who have they got to blame?

How I wish for World Cup glory for the Proteas

Pleeeezzze, cricket gods

Think I will fall over from shock if we ever get passed the first game in the knock out stages

Think I will fall over from shock if we ever get passed the first game in the knock out stages

Tell me about it...

Looking at England, Kiwi and Aussie losses, I can say that this is an example that you cannot anchor your team around pinch-hitters. You are setting yourself up for either a spectacular victory if they come off, or very bad loss when they fail.

Also saw this spot on comment on the Sky Sports site:

In my opinion: Stuart Broad has been at the heart of all the off field disruption in English cricket and therefore related poor performance. 1 0r 2 stand out performances do not qualify him to enjoy his priveleged position in English cricket. His advantage is his father's good name and connectivity to the ECB upper echelon's. Time to go, but extricating the Broad family from English cricket will prove impossible - who has the nerve to take that one on??

SA take on India (no. 1 atm), 4th April, I hope I can watch it friday. Should be interesting.

Looking at England, Kiwi and Aussie losses, I can say that this is an example that you cannot anchor your team around pinch-hitters. You are setting yourself up for either a spectacular victory if they come off, or very bad loss when they fail.

don't think there can ever be a black and white rule on strategy in this game - pinch hitters work for sri lanka, always have. India on the other hand do the opposite approach.

They only have one batsmen with a strike rate over 120 (7.2 rpo) - Dhoni who has only scored 46 runs.

Sri Lanka have 6 batsmen with strike rate over 120!

India have 4 batsmen with averages over 40.

Sri Lanka have just one guy with an average over 30(mahela @ 46)

What i do think helps is the quality of your batting from 8/9/10/11. if you have some half decent guys there then you can afford to have a pinch hitter or two who goes bos from the start. we started the tournament with morkel, tahir, lopsy at the tail....no freedom for the top order.

Some tactical tips:

BOWLING

Dealing with those leg side spinning attack.

Yorker length death bowling.

Varying the bowling.

BATTINF

A steady start in batting.

Rotating strike.

Minimize pre-meditated crazy strokes.

So Faf got a one match ban, here's the Sri Lankan approach - have a mole as captain from first slip and let a trophy captain do the toss. Malinga battled to remember the selected team thhhis time around which really gave it away!

I'm the captain, no I'm the captain

Among the puzzling issues surrounding Sri Lankan cricket over the last few years has been the captaincy which has seen a quicker changeover than the average footballer manager. Tillakaratne Dilshan,
and Kumar Sangakkara have enjoyed a merry-go-round in the job with Angelo Matthews and now
being handed the role.

The situation may seem strange but it could be the way forward. With Jayawardene clearly the best tactician in the Sri Lankan dressing room but having his differences with the board, having Malinga or Chandimal as a puppet skipper could let Jayawardene lead his team without the red tape to deal with.But for their final match against South Africa, Sri Lanka tried something wholly different. With Chandimal - the official captain - banned for a slow over rate, the vice-captain, Lasith Malinga, naturally assumed the role and wandered out for the toss. But come Sri Lanka's turn in the field, it was Jayawardene calling the shots. Malinga reappeared at the presentation to be the face of Sri Lanka's miraculous victory but it had been Jayawardene that really led them to the semi-finals.

Also saw this spot on comment on the Sky Sports site:

[/size]

I have said it many times but I think he is one of the worst sportsman out there .. never plays the game in the spirit its meant to even in the professional era