Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kallis retires from international cricket:

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Proteas/Kallis-retires-from-international-stage-20140730

Legend.

Edit: damn, I was the slowest to post

Edited by Christie

It was only a matter of time, shouldn't have toured SL as I stated during the ODI Series, only damaged his Stats further.

Thanks for your services Sir Kallis

It was only a matter of time, shouldn't have toured SL as I stated during the ODI Series, only damaged his Stats further.

Thanks for your services Sir Kallis

I dunno about that, he wanted to see if he really could make it to the world cup - well done to him for not putting the tough decision onto the selectors. But let's be blunt, no one cares about his average more than Jacques Henry Kallis.

Statistically, Kallis has a better test record than Tendulkar.

On phone so can't copy and paste but had Kallis played the same number of tests as Tendulkar, he would have surpassed both runs and test 100's

Tendulkar 15921 runs and 51 hundreds in 200 matches

Kallis 13289 runs and 45 hundreds in 166 matches

Kallis short by 2632 runs to be scored in 34 matches meaning he would need to score only 78 per match(2 innings) to pass Tendulkar by which time he wild have scored more 100's

Tendulkar 15921 runs and 51 hundreds in 200 matches

Kallis 13289 runs and 45 hundreds in 166 matches

Kallis short by 2632 runs to be scored in 34 matches meaning he would need to score only 78 per match(2 innings) to pass Tendulkar by which time he wild have scored more 100's

don't bother, he's a country mile ahead. Kallis played most of his games on bowler friendly wickets, the great one is from india where they prepare lifeless surfaces at will.

He will also be remembered for being the SA sportsman with possibly the worst tv commercials ever. I don't say that lightly, as there is strong competition in these stakes from victor matfield, francois pienaar and biff amongst others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE__8ZaYvsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0lysDNKEcw

Morne Steyn - the ad when is doing ballet. Pierre Spies for outsurance .... The no more mister nice guy ads were ok

Morne Steyn - the ad when is doing ballet. Pierre Spies for outsurance .... The no more mister nice guy ads were ok

If you're a sportstar and your agent phones with news that he's secured you an advert with outsurance, fire him.

i have not seen the morne steyn one, but it sounds promising.

If you're a sportstar and your agent phones with news that he's secured you an advert with outsurance, fire him.

i have not seen the morne steyn one, but it sounds promising.

don't bother, he's a country mile ahead. Kallis played most of his games on bowler friendly wickets, the great one is from india where they prepare lifeless surfaces at will.

U can't compare the 2, tendulkar and Lara are from another planet, they much like pointing could counter attack, they could win a test in 2 seasons on any surface, Kalllis and Dravid are the long distance runners they need 5 seasons to hurt a team. Just look at the big hundreds that the first 3 have, different types of player but if u only had 1 slot left in ur Sunday team the first 3 on my list would fill it.

Aus 16 years of world cricket domination was done without a single allrounder. 6 batters, including a wicket keeper who could bat and 5 bowlers. Probably the best side I've ever seen play.

Smith, who stepped down after more than a decade at the helm in the home series against Australia, where South Africa were pipped 2-1 in March, said on Twitter(@GraemeSmith49): “Great to see we back at number 1. Still couldn’t quite understand how it managed to get manipulated away. #proteafire”

news24

I dunno about that, he wanted to see if he really could make it to the world cup - well done to him for not putting the tough decision onto the selectors. But let's be blunt, no one cares about his average more than Jacques Henry Kallis.

no seriously I do care hence I made that statement, I'm still Pissed off.