Cricket......

E1A104

Most people that watched this match will say it was good bowling.  I will say it was just poor batting.  2 of the AUS wickets that Boult took was just because of poor set up by the batters, and most probably setup too much to the offside.

And it seems both sides have an Achilles Heel.  Too many of the players just wanted to hit the ball over the Tasman Sea, instead of playing the ball on it's merits and hitting the gaps for 1s and 2s.

The other teams will have taken some serious notes from this display.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jurre but zimbo need to learn to play in the death...they just tried to bliksem the hell out of the ball when they just needed to be playing 2's with the occasional four

28 from 13 balls with 2 wickets in hand resulted 21 to get with 2 balls left and all out

so they managed to get 7 runs off 11 balls

The way Zim approached today's chase reminded me of SA under Kepler's captaincy.  They played very tentatively and allowed the Pakistani bowlers to get confidence.

There are potentially 2 big games this week. WI vs India. On paper and on recent form the Indian side should win with a comfortable margin. The WI side will however look for another big performance from Gayle. The other is SA vs Pakistan. As with India vs WI, SA should have the upper hand over a Pakistan side that looks very off-colour in this tournament. Of lesser importance is the Bangladesh vs Scotland clash, but a good showing from Bangladesh will strengthen their QF hopes.

There are potentially 2 big games this week. WI vs India. On paper and on recent form the Indian side should win with a comfortable margin. The WI side will however look for another big performance from Gayle. The other is SA vs Pakistan. As with India vs WI, SA should have the upper hand over a Pakistan side that looks very off-colour in this tournament. Of lesser importance is the Bangladesh vs Scotland clash, but a good showing from Bangladesh will strengthen their QF hopes.

Recent form??depends how far you go back as recent - I'm really perplexed by India's performance so far. India hate touring - they're record at home is heaps better than on tour. They've been on tour since november. I really thought that they would have had issues with this by now, but it doesn't seem to be the case at all.

They didn't win a single game during that tour. not in the tests, not in the odi series against england (got bowled out for 153 and 200) respectively, nor did they win any warmup games until they got to afganistan. All of a sudden india have found their mojo. It's not the wildest thought to think Dhoni et al put a bunch of $$$$ on india winning the group. and then a bigger bunch on them losing in the knockouts now that the odds have swung (makes more sense than them all of a sudden doing well).

Despite the upsets we've had so far, I still see the four seeds making it in each group.

my prediction for the tournament for knock-out placings.

Wednesday 18 March -SCG, Sydney     Sri Lanka   South Africa

Thursday 19 March - MCG, Melbourne     England   India

Friday 20 March - Adelaide Oval       Australia   West Indies

Saturday 21 March - Wellington Stadium     New Zealand   Pakistan

Tuesday 24 March - Eden Park, Auckland South Africa New Zealand

Thursday 26 March - SCG, Sydney   Australia India

ja, believe it or not there is a world cup semifinal on a rugby ground. ridiculous.

Edited by Shebeen

I hope India hits a speed bump allowing us to top the group.  SL in a knockout match is not fun.  They have the tendency to surprise at knockout games.

I hope India hits a speed bump allowing us to top the group.  SL in a knockout match is not fun.  They have the tendency to surprise at knockout games.

Not Sure England is that much easier right now. 

Not Sure England is that much easier right now. 

An England side without KP looks rather toothless. Their bowlers looks like they were intent on just putting the ball in the right places rather than trying to get wickets. Their batsmen seems to be content with scoring 50's at a run-a-ball and their fielding is also not as sharp as one would expect from a top side. Sri Lanka have a few players with the X-factor. Sangakara, Dilshan and Jayawardene are all top-class performers that can score very quickly and Malinga and Herath are also world-class with the ability to get set batsmen out. I would be more comfortable defending 320 against England than Sri Lanka, and I would feel more comfortable chasing 320 against England than Sri Lanka. 

An England side without KP looks rather toothless. Their bowlers looks like they were intent on just putting the ball in the right places rather than trying to get wickets. Their batsmen seems to be content with scoring 50's at a run-a-ball and their fielding is also not as sharp as one would expect from a top side. Sri Lanka have a few players with the X-factor. Sangakara, Dilshan and Jayawardene are all top-class performers that can score very quickly and Malinga and Herath are also world-class with the ability to get set batsmen out. I would be more comfortable defending 320 against England than Sri Lanka, and I would feel more comfortable chasing 320 against England than Sri Lanka. 

ok, I hear you. Talking about KP, man they miss him. He doesnt even have to score runs, that bad ass attitude of his just gave the English team some character and they believed they could be the best. Without him they are just not the same.

ok, I hear you. Talking about KP, man they miss him. He doesnt even have to score runs, that bad ass attitude of his just gave the English team some character and they believed they could be the best. Without him they are just not the same.

he's still a tjop though

we should really be able to beat either. doesn't matter to me.

I'd be happier playing NZ in a semifinal. because we all know they do this in a semifinal

http://www.smh.com.au/content/dam/images/1/3/r/s/a/a/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.13rygu.png/1425242556233.jpghttp://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015-glenn-maxwells-choking-taunt-proves-to-be-premature-celebration-20150301-13rygu.html

sri lanka made easy work of englands decent innings total...the prospect of sri lanka in a qtr is not appealing at all

ok, so another 400 plus for us - lots of batsmen getting runs but no real answers after our collapse against india.

De Kock is not going to stay in at opener. Got injured and maybe rushed back to fitness, but he's struggling upfront. With JPD coming back a batsmen is going to be shed somewhere, but I'm dead against AB keeping, so think QdK should move down to 6/7 like most keepers do.

Either Rilee opens with Hash, or an out the box idea Faf moves up. He does it in T20 and has done pretty well this tournament when he's been a de facto opener with QdK's failures.

At this rate i don't think phangiso is going to get anything more than a game against UAE - but the bowling mix is far from settled.

edit: QdK's scores since coming back from ankle injury - all one day games

4, 0*, 66,11,7,7,12

Edited by Shebeen