Cricket......

E1A104

Imran Tahir has become the second-ranked ODI bowler in the ICC rankings, while South Africa, by virtue of having registered a 2-1 series win over New Zealand, have climbed up to third position.

The South Africa legspinner, who was in fifth position when the series began, jumped up three places following his five wickets in the series. While moving up the rankings, Tahir also pushed his team-mate, Dale Steyn, down to fifth position.

South Africa and New Zealand, who started the series on 109 and 110 points respectively to be the third and fourth-ranked sides, have now swapped places.

cricinfo

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imran Tahir has become the second-ranked ODI bowler in the ICC rankings, while South Africa, by virtue of having registered a 2-1 series win over New Zealand, have climbed up to third position.

The South Africa legspinner, who was in fifth position when the series began, jumped up three places following his five wickets in the series. While moving up the rankings, Tahir also pushed his team-mate, Dale Steyn, down to fifth position.

South Africa and New Zealand, who started the series on 109 and 110 points respectively to be the third and fourth-ranked sides, have now swapped places.

cricinfo

he's become the first player after AB on the teamsheet.

here's why - bowling average of 21.6, economy of 4.36 - and this is after making his international debut at the age of 32!

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin1=30;qualval1=wickets;spanmax1=28+Aug+2015;spanmin1=28+Aug+2010;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

• 4 weeks later...

Heard someone say that we better make sure that Japan doesn't discover the game of cricket! :ph34r:

https://youtu.be/Ddm8vllNd8Q

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bermuda/content/story/922573.html

An on-field brawl between two Bermuda club cricketers during the country's Champion of Champions final on September 12 has resulted in one of them being banned for life and the other slapped with a lengthy suspension by the Bermuda Cricket Board.

that's not cricket - but banned for life, thought only hansie ever got that?!

Heard someone say that we better make sure that Japan doesn't discover the game of cricket! :ph34r:

but on that note - here's a cricket article referencing the Jap rugby team - basically, moving down to a merit only format at the next world cup, there will be no more giant killing.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/922767.html

edit;actually added link

Edited by Shebeen

that's not cricket - but banned for life, thought only hansie ever got that?!

thats taking chirping to a whole new level, would love to know what was said between the 2.

but on that note - here's a cricket article referencing the Jap rugby team - basically, moving down to a merit only format at the next world cup, there will be no more giant killing.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/922767.html

edit;actually added link

The Rugby World Cup has 6 more teams competing in it than the Cricket World Cup does. And cricket is supposed to be the second most popular/watched sport in the world but can't find a way to include associate nations at it's showpiece event? If the ICC did the same as World Rugby and had four groups instead of two at the CWC then it wouldn't be out the realm of possibility that Ireland could've qualified for the knock out rounds. If World Rugby could make a plan then so can the ICC, they just don't want to spoil the big three's private party.

The Rugby World Cup has 6 more teams competing in it than the Cricket World Cup does. And cricket is supposed to be the second most popular/watched sport in the world but can't find a way to include associate nations at it's showpiece event? If the ICC did the same as World Rugby and had four groups instead of two at the CWC then it wouldn't be out the realm of possibility that Ireland could've qualified for the knock out rounds. If World Rugby could make a plan then so can the ICC, they just don't want to spoil the big three's private party.

cricket World Cup does have associate nations participating in their showpiece, but I do get your point for my pools. Edited by milky4130

cricket World Cup does have associate nations participating in their showpiece, but I do get your point for my pools.

Was referring to the next two that indeed may associate nationless as the ICC has decided on a 10 team format with the top 8 test teams qualifying automatically and the last is based on ODI form (can't recall exactly how they going to rate that) but this is more in favor of the remaining test teams.

Why I favor having more pools is that every match counts and you can cut down on 'pointless' games. Also it means the tournament can be played inside a month and smaller teams can make the quarter finals.

• 2 weeks later...

A very disappointing end to the second T20 game. Fans throwing bottles at players prompting the game to be delayed. Players have left the field for a second time and it seems like the game is ended with SA winning by D/L 15 runs.

A very disappointing end to the second T20 game. Fans throwing bottles at players prompting the game to be delayed. Players have left the field for a second time and it seems like the game is ended with SA winning by D/L 15 runs.

Disgusting. Did you hear the commentator have a go at the police, who were just chilling watching the game.

Disgusting. Did you hear the commentator have a go at the police, who were just chilling watching the game.

I heard that, and the likes of Kohli and Dohni seemed to have a giggle about it while our captain and team manager was talking to the match referee. If this happened here in SA the Indian team would have been on the plane home after the game already.

I heard that, and the likes of Kohli and Dohni seemed to have a giggle about it while our captain and team manager was talking to the match referee. If this happened here in SA the Indian team would have been on the plane home after the game already.

Good to see the team performing either way. Hopefully the environment at the game with put them in good stead for the upcoming games

Bollocks, match abandoned. Settled in to watch the game, because I missed the others. I could have gone for a ride :(

Edited by deanbean