well played Cook, top performance  :thumbup:

who cares if his almost 50 years old anyway   :ph34r:

amla 1 year younger and 7000+ runs older...scary

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so on debut in 1 innings Cook surpassed his dads top score...his dads total runs in test cricket and his dads total number of fours....I am sure that will be used for jeering purposes for years to come!

AB got his ducks in a row (first time ever)

perhaps he is due for a rest? Although who to replace him with? Faf out for JP brought no improvement, perhaps Rilee or Stiaan could get that spot?

Regardless of the outcome of this test, what a lovely moment for Stephen Cook. Im so happy for him and his dad.

Edited by Christie

so on debut in 1 innings Cook surpassed his dads top score...his dads total runs in test cricket and his dads total number of fours....I am sure that will be used for jeering purposes for years to come!

And becomes the highest scoring Cook in the series!

"I always thought to myself that it's about making your debut and playing for South Africa but it's about performing and scoring hundreds. I want to contribute to Proteas successes and victories. But I am very much a guy who looks after today. I've learnt that getting ahead of myself is the worst thing I can do."

sensible fella this Cook.

That Rabada lbw is a fine example of some of the complexities of lbw decisions. He is quite clearly in control of the defensive shot but because it grazed his pad he's out... Cruel games this cricket

Not going well this morning. 336/7 is not enough. 350 probably par, 400 would be good. Pitc should be at its best this afternoon and tomorrow

Not going well this morning. 336/7 is not enough. 350 probably par, 400 would be good. Pitc should be at its best this afternoon and tomorrow

Another 50 partnership

400 would be a decent result after 230ish/1 and a middle order mini-slump

This Stokes is venomous as a bowler hey

He's a real all-round asset to Eng

The attributes that Botham and Flintoff shared were:

- entertaining player on the pitch with bat and ball,

- has had regular issues with the authorities wrt discipline,

-is opinionated, &

- generally enjoys life and letting that joy be expressed vigorously.

The ginger ninja called Stokes seems to be checking these boxes and when actual cricket facts get thrown in is statistically better than both Botham and Flintoff at the same period in their careers.

So yes, Stokesy is a good one!