Cricket......

E1A104

Hmm, last time we won an u19 wc, they fired the coach. It looks like the new coach is not working out so well.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, last time we won an u19 wc, they fired the coach. It looks like the new coach is not working out so well.

Surely we are now out of the tournament? Disappointing to say the least.

Effectively we've got (colourless) restrictions to keep you buggers out:

A player becomes eligible to sign for a county under the Kolpak deal only after he gives up his right to play for his country. According to rules, a Kolpak player must not have represented his country in the past 12 months and during the period of his contract with a county, he will not be eligible to represent his country. The Kolpak players will be eligible to play for England after plying their trade in the country for four years.

England aka World United... They did tighten up the Kolpak deals alot.. It seemed, a few years ago, that just about any Kid who played Prem Club cricket could go over and eventually get a contract. SA now has a few rules of their own with the Visa regulations and all

Jip, we are out. We still have to play Scottland, but after the game we go home.

Really disappointing. I hope its not a sign of years to come.. Luckily the batch of current youngsters ( Rabada's ,Aiden Markram's ) should be around for a while.. Maybe they can be our Dream team batch like Oz had with Warne, Waugh, McGrath etc

I see u19 coach Lawrence Mahatlane is saying we dont have a problem in our jr cricket, and has some excuses re inexperience etc. (Funny how none of that prevented us to win the WC in 2014.)

NZ thumping Aus in the first ODI.

Australia require another 187 runs with 2 wickets and 28.3 overs remaining  :thumbdown:

From cricinfo:

Joey: "The real reason that Aussies don't want cricket here is not because #EdenParkSoTiny but because the Wallabies (Australian rugby team) haven't won there since 1986. Too many sad memories."

Has anyone seen any video of the WI vs ZIM match. Last man out was run out by the bowler.

Looks like the bowler made no attempt to bowl the ball and the batsman was out of his crease following up.

A few years ago I would of looked at this as bad sportsmanship, but in today's world of bowlers being no balled for a millimetre over the line why should batsmen be treated any differently.

Has anyone seen any video of the WI vs ZIM match. Last man out was run out by the bowler.

Looks like the bowler made no attempt to bowl the ball and the batsman was out of his crease following up.

A few years ago I would of looked at this as bad sportsmanship, but in today's world of bowlers being no balled for a millimetre over the line why should batsmen be treated any differently.

No issue for me, batsman is stealing a yard and putting himself at risk.  It's a major part of baseaball as far as I can understand it, you take your chances.

On the current ODI - it looks like deja vu all over again.

No issue for me, batsman is stealing a yard and putting himself at risk.  It's a major part of baseaball as far as I can understand it, you take your chances.

On the current ODI - it looks like deja vu all over again.

Who was run out like that when we just got back into International cricket? Seem to think it was Pieter Kirsten being run out by Kapil Dev or someone 'similar'...Was warned a couple of times when backing up and he then ran him out. Was a bit controversial back then.

Who was run out like that when we just got back into International cricket? Seem to think it was Pieter Kirsten being run out by Kapil Dev or someone 'similar'...Was warned a couple of times when backing up and he then ran him out. Was a bit controversial back then.

I think it was Kapil and Kirsten, but controvery because he wasn't warned ... Jus my fading memory so don't bet on it!

I think it was Kapil and Kirsten, but controvery because he wasn't warned ... Jus my fading memory so don't bet on it!

Well, two of us thinking that might just make it true :D

You might be right, I seem to recall issues around the 'warning' but can't remember what exactly.

Current ODI, pegging it back a little after the wicket fell. 83/1 after 11

8,10, 6, 7, 6, 9

Being pegged back looks like fun